Garmin Egde 705 Upload Issue

Merida002

Hi All,

I am currently experiencing issues when trying to upload data from my Edge 705 to my PC, as soon as I connect the Edge to the PC it turns on and immediately starts looking for satellites instead of connecting in PC mode. I have tried a soft restart, deleted all of the ride data and created new data, did a total restart of the Edge where I had to re-input all of my data again time zone, bike settings etc. reloaded the USB drivers, reloaded the communicator package, restarted an exercise - stopped it - reset - turned off and nothing seems to work every time I connect it goes straight to looking for satellites as if it is trying to continue a ride that was stopped and not reset properly.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Edited by Merida002

Have you got Garmin web updater loaded ?

Yes I have, but because the PC doesn't "see" the Garmin web updater doesn't connect to it either :-(

Have you tried a different USB cable or plugging the cable into a different USB port?

Yep, tried another USB cable and a different port.

Try forcing it into Mass Storage Mode:

To force unit into mass storage:

• With the unit off, hold up on the joystick.
  • Plug the unit into your computer while continuing to hold up on the joystick.
  • Continue to hold the joystick up for ~15 seconds and the unit should go directly into mass storage mode.

Try forcing it into Mass Storage Mode:

To force unit into mass storage:

• With the unit off, hold up on the joystick.
  • Plug the unit into your computer while continuing to hold up on the joystick.
  • Continue to hold the joystick up for ~15 seconds and the unit should go directly into mass storage mode.

Thanks, I'll give that a try this evening :thumbup:

I had the same problem, connect the Garmin to you PC, restart you PC after that it worked fine.