Giba Gorge Blue

KenG

BTW... where do you get those prepaid booklets, i know im probably just being lazy and its more than likely on the giba gabba, but im sure someone here has an answer :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I will find out today or tomorrow when the best time will be to get the bobcat - but i may be able to get it on the long weekend (Easter) then I have it for a good couple of days at Giba to use it rather than just 2 days on a weekend. Keen to finish off the Gravity route first and then move onto the DH.

I want to actually make the DH more rider friendly too so that most of you trail riders can also ride it.

Hey Nige,

I am sure that you have been told this numerous time already, but cracking job on the WC course :thumbup: It is nice to know that there is somebody dedicated to doing such a fantastic job!

Any idea when there will be one of those "Introduction to DH" days where the trail/XC guys can have a go with the DH boys to see what it is like? If I am available, I would be keen to haul my ass up the mountain to help out on the build day even if it is just for a few hours.

Does anybody know what happened to the Gravity Dice series?

Hey Nige,

I am sure that you have been told this numerous time already, but cracking job on the WC course :thumbup: It is nice to know that there is somebody dedicated to doing such a fantastic job!

Any idea when there will be one of those "Introduction to DH" days where the trail/XC guys can have a go with the DH boys to see what it is like? If I am available, I would be keen to haul my ass up the mountain to help out on the build day even if it is just for a few hours.

+1

Hey Nige,

Gravity Dice died a very quick death due to lack of riders. HOWEVER ..... KZNMTB is starting (so I have heard from the Chairman himself) an ENDURO series similar to that of the overseas Enduro Races. I will give more details as I hear about them, but its a Gravity-fed timetrial down XC trails (with a bit of climbing here and there).

As for the "Introduction DH days" ... I will organise 1 or 2 this year including the DH memorial Event which is our annual fun "newbie-friendly" event which will be in like July/August.

Let me chat to one of the other guys and see when and how we can organise an "Introduction Day" ... we have a really nice short course near Cascades that I could use that has a very quick shuttle. So if i organise something like this would you guys be keen to come and try it out?

And if we have a spare bike or 2 to try would you like that too??

hang on ... so that we dont hijack this thread about giba .... go look for the NEW thread in the gravity section that i will make now.

Gravity Dice died a very quick death due to lack of riders. HOWEVER ..... KZNMTB is starting (so I have heard from the Chairman himself) an ENDURO series similar to that of the overseas Enduro Races. I will give more details as I hear about them, but its a Gravity-fed timetrial down XC trails (with a bit of climbing here and there).

As for the "Introduction DH days" ... I will organise 1 or 2 this year including the DH memorial Event which is our annual fun "newbie-friendly" event which will be in like July/August.

Let me chat to one of the other guys and see when and how we can organise an "Introduction Day" ... we have a really nice short course near Cascades that I could use that has a very quick shuttle. So if i organise something like this would you guys be keen to come and try it out?

And if we have a spare bike or 2 to try would you like that too??

Count me in for sure, I'm there like a bear :thumbup: