CSA Incompetence

Muddy

I know there is a thread about this every 2nd week but since this is rant `n rave I thought maybe I'll feel better if I rant about this.

Since this whole money extortion racket was started by CSA it's been a joke. They never did anything for the recreational cyclist (and listening to pros like Robby Hunter not much for the licensed riders either). Initially they actually posted you a membership card and that was about the extent of the value they added. But I'm OK with that because I keep on telling myself it's not much money. Last year though they decided to outsource the printing to, yip us the paying suckers. Still I said to myself that it's OK because it's not a lot of money.

This year they have been mandated to collect the provincial fees as well. Again I'm OK because it's not much. So I apply, last year, for my new license. I make use of the virtual club, ROAG as I do every year. They approve my application in a jiffy. And then it stops. I enquire and am told that the CGN secretary will look at it for me. Nothing. Again I ask. By this time I'm fuming because remember I'm paying for NOTHING really. I also request that both CSA and CGN tell me what they do for me the recreational cyclist. No response but I am told that my application is not approved because the club I belong to is not affiliated to CGN. So it seems as if CGN is actually milking clubs for money as well? Well this time I told myself that yes it's not a lot of money but this is not about the money anymore. It's a matter of principle. Out of principle I will not change my club to one in GN and out of principle I will not give any money to an organisation who does not and cannot do anything. CSA TAKE YOUR LICENSE AND SHOVE IT!

OK now I feel the same.

Elke jaar moet mens lidmaatskap voor 1 Julie hernieu by PPA en is CSA membership daarby ingesluit. Om full-racing licence by CSA uit te neem vir die volgende jaar moet mens voor 31 Desember daarvoor aansoek doen en weer membership betaal. Streng gesproke betaal mens dan elke 6 maande membership.

I cannot understand why you are having a problem, my license was done, and a copy mailed to me within 36hours. I preferred doing my provincial affiliation and license fee all in one, as it saved having to do a seperate EFT.

Sorry to hear you having problems...

Looks like I'm going to sit in the same boat as Muddy, Got Roag membership, applied for CSA, got approved for Club membership, now status is "Awaiting Province Approval" - Gauteng North, and nothing appears to be happening...

OK an update on my struggle. Ciska, the Secretary General of CSA send me the response below. Seems as if there are competent people in CSA after all. BTW she send this to the GNC secretary as well so all ROAG members will be approved.

"The Domicile of a rider is determined by the area a member resides, in this case xxxx is a member of Northern Gauteng Cycling. As a member he has a choice to join any club in South Africa, as long as his affiliation fees for his province had been paid up to date, either directly or via CyclingSA.

Looking at the information below as well as the payment confirmation dating back to 19 November 2011 – any rider who belongs to ROAG, who lives in Gauteng North, who has paid their R25 affiliation fee to the province (Gauteng North) has to be approved as a member of CyclingSA.

xxxx – on behalf of Cycling South Africa, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I have been instructed by our Recreation Director to ensure that your application is approved immediately."

Pleasing to see a quick response to this issue, however, the issue of a positive dope test at last years Argus and the subsequent announcement and investigation STILL remain unresolved!