Durban Critical Mass

EigerSA

There's a critical mass ride this Friday (27th). Starts at 5pm for 5:30pm, meeting at Moses Mabhida Stadium. Last ride lasted about an hour and a half and we went though the city center to Wilson's Wharf, easy riding for any level. Hop to see you there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

durban has been holding one since last year sometime, posted it here and not one reply or any interest shown from hubbers

Was a good ride, we had about 10 cyclists and perfect weather. Started at MM, rode right down to the point, then towards the city, past city hall to Wilsons Wharf then back again. I think it ended up being 25km's or thereabouts and we finished about 7:30'ish. Some pics on my cell phone...

27012012245.jpg

27012012247.jpg

27012012249.jpg

Next ride is on the 24th.

• 1 month later...

The next Durban Critical Mass is tomorrow at 5:30pm. Meet at the bust of Moses Mabhida outside the stadium. Remember it's getting darker sooner so please consider bringing some bike lights. And helmets are required :)

The next Durban Critical Mass is tomorrow at 5:30pm. Meet at the bust of Moses Mabhida outside the stadium. Remember it's getting darker sooner so please consider bringing some bike lights. And helmets are required :)

Hey man! How many guys you expecting and are you looking at about 25km again?

Try and give more warning next time too :)

i'm not going to get there, got a tour on. but we've had anywhere from 25 people :clap: to 6 :mellow:

it's on the last Friday of every month at 5:30pm. The tour takes us along the beachfront again and then we head into town. it's really good fun. if you can't make it then just put a reminder in your diary now for next month :thumbup:

i'm not going to get there, got a tour on. but we've had anywhere from 25 people :clap: to 6 :mellow:

it's on the last Friday of every month at 5:30pm. The tour takes us along the beachfront again and then we head into town. it's really good fun. if you can't make it then just put a reminder in your diary now for next month :thumbup:

For sure! Thanks

Good luck to Durban!! Hopefully you guys get 150 people average like Ct and jozi soon

Ooooh, I didn’t know we had one.

Can’t make it tomorrow but definitely keen to join, will send a shout out to my mates to join in and help it grow.:)

Good luck to Durban!! Hopefully you guys get 150 people average like Ct and jozi soon

Yeah, it's the problem in Durban... we have so much else to keep us entertained that things like this just don't get the turn out those boring cities do.... ;)

So how was it on Friday?

I also want to know how it went in Durban

In Joburg we had well over 100 in the rain!

it was wet apparently :) there was a quick shower ten minutes before hand which did keep the majority of the punters away, we had about 10 I think.

the next one on the 27th this month, I'll keep reminding people regularly so no excuses :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know everybody diarised the date already... :)

but for those that missed it, Durban Critical Mass tomorrow @ 5:30pm. Meet at MM Stadium (at the bust)... all welcome!