Views of Scott 29er Elite and DT Swiss M210 and alternatives

Rickb33

Tires and Rims are compatible with tubeless - we did ours with stans notubes conversion kit - did it at home with some co2 bombs. easy 45min jobbie.

You have to change the entire brake system, because it comes with Avid's.... so you need Calipers, Hoses, Levers and also new Rotors....

We went for the new i-Spec mounted shifters, it attaches with the XT brake lever clamp.

For bars, post and stem we did crankbrothers cobalt 3. it looks sick...

saddle Fi'zi:k Gobi

Will the slime not freeze and make marbles in the tyres if you bomb them?

Ceres, done a couple of conversions using bombs as V mentioned and never had issues with the Stans 'freezing'. Keep in mind that the Stans is more of a milky liquid (latex) compared to the green slimey stuff that you use in tubes (usually sold at Sportsmans Warehouse)

Looking at the comments on the DT-Swiss rear shock - just look at the two poster boys for Scott - Kevin Evans and David George, both changed to Fox Rp23's with the Kashima coating for the Epic, set to really stiff... That should be enough proof that the DT's are not up to scratch.

As for the new 2013 bikes, just had a look at them this afternoon.... Nice!