Single Speed Cyclocross Bike

ren8gor

CX bike can handle trails UNLESS they are very rocky, you will likely get a puncture/rim damage on very rocky sections

Very rocky isn't a problem - you just have to go slowly.

I find the biggest problem are "big hits" - and this can be anything that compresses the tyre too much: a rock, lip of a kerb, side of a drainage ditch, ... Since the CX tyre is of a much smaller volume, its propensity to snake bite in these cases is large. I have done some severly technical, rocky stuff and gotten away with it. I have also hit a kerb wrong and punctured...

Edited by jmaccelari

I find the biggest problem are "big hits" - and this can be anything that compresses the tyre too much: a rock, lip of a kerb, side of a drainage ditch, ... Since the CX tyre is of a much smaller volume, its propensity to snake bite in these cases is large. I have done some severly technical, rocky stuff and gotten away with it. I have also hit a kerb wrong and punctured...

A bit off topic but have u tried going tubeless? I used to pinch flat all the time then converted, I use a racing Ralph 35 up front and a Sammy Slick 35 on the back, al cheapo Mavic Askiums, some stans tape and build it up with 2 wraps of that fiberglass tape. Run them at 60-80 psi.

The problem is when you do puncture, with stans you end up looking like you just got out of the back of a car with George Michael.