Bike Stands for 29'ers

Hairy

Hi all

William from William's Bike Shop in Sommerset West has confirmed the new Hold Fast 1 stands to accomodate the bigger wheel format and they are just short of R150.00 from his store ... oh he also has stock ;)

I've ordered a Feedback Rakk Storage and Display Stand from CRC. I will let you know how it works.

post-4407-0-05291800-1330608887.jpg

Thanks An3, but with that stand all you can do is let your bike stand in the rack and will not be able to do some basic mechanical works to the gears and / or rear brakes.

My bike fits and there is clearance but Ive got big 203 stoppers and the discs snag on the stand. Also my giant IDT cant take my 29" wheel so I've resorted to stealing the 26 inch back wheel from my wife's bike to use on the trainer

Leave the 26" wheel on. It will upgrade the twenty naainer

Edited by eccentric1

I am a little puzzled now ........ ya mean with all the munny you paid for your naainers they cannot even stand by themselves on those massive wheels that roll so easy??????

No.

The old school 26"wheels and roadie wheels previously dictated the design parameters behind the stand.

Now that man and bike have evolved further the other aspects of the sport might not all be the best that they can be.

You would be surprised how little my bike cost me.

thanks though for leading the thread off topic.

No.

The old school 26"wheels and roadie wheels previously dictated the design parameters behind the stand.

Now that man and bike have evolved further the other aspects of the sport might not all be the best that they can be.

You would be surprised how little my bike cost me.

thanks though for leading the thread off topic.

Just finished doing a wash and minor service on my 29.er using the bike stand similar to op pic, no issues with clearance.

I use these for road, MTB and 29er. (See what I did there? :w00t: )

Ultimate support bicycle stand

http://www.planetbmx.com/shop/images/uploads/bike_rack_blk-1.jpg

Edited by The Crow