need hubbers advice - Is this a good deal? Eddy merckx AFX1

Lori

Need hubbers experienced advice please.

I am potentially buying a new bike tonight but need to know its a good deal.

Its an Eddy Merckx AFX1. 1 year old. The rider has fallen off once she said, but said she has had the bike checked and its been given a clean bill of health.

Said she bought it a just over a year ago for R9500 - asked for R5800 and I have offered R4500 which she accepted, so is it a good deal for R4500?

Frame: Alloy 7005 TB

Fork: Carbon 1 1/8"

Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra

Shifters: Shimano Tiagra

Chainset: Shimano Tiagra

Bottom Bracket: Included in Chainset

Cassette: Shimano Tiagra

Chain: Shimano Tiagra

Front Brake: Shimano Tiagra

Rear Brake: Shimano Tiagra

Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra

Rims: Shimano RS10

Tyres: Gatorskin (these are very good quality and are only a few months old).

Front Hub: Shimano RS10

Rear Hub: Shimano RS10

Spokes: Shimano RS10

Brand new saddle (not sure of brand - irrelevant really cos i have a specialized saddle anyways.)

I havent seen the bike yet - will see it tonight. I dont know what damage there is to the frame from the fall but how would i know if its bad damage or not?

Thanks!!

At 12 months old, one fall, clean bill of health and more than 50% of original value...good deal

Check for frame cracks when viewing, test ride to ensure you like what you pay for...enjoy!

Hi, I bought the AMX-1, which is the same spec as this bike, just the mens bike.

I also bought mine about a year ago and still very happy with the bike. I've done about 3000km and all still good.

Check the frame for damage, it is an aluminum frame and seems strong, but if there are dents or bad damage get it checked out.

The fork being carbon check for damage.

The price I paid was around R7000 from online shop brand new. So R4500 is still good even for 2nd hand.

The 2012 Tiagra is 10 speed and quiet a bit more for the new groupset. So in 2012 you will not get Tiarga for under R7000 / R8000.

Edited by KevinRhino

I think it a good deal , if the bike is in the condition you say.

Edited by CyclingJan