STRAND\GORDONS BAY - Beware of Tick-kop muggers on Faure Marine Drive

issy

I would like alert and warn cyclist to avoid the area around the Caltex Garage area in Strand on Faure Marine Drive.

I was attacked, on Saturday 6am, by 2 guys hiding under the trees in a bushy area just before the robot at the Caltex Garage in Strand riding towardsGordons Bay.

They are ruthless and throw cyclist with rocks to the head and once you ”out” steal your bike and all your valuables.

Apparently after chatting to some petrol attendants at the Caltex, I was informed that this is a regular occurrence.

Sorry to hear that Issy, hope you are ok. I must have came through there from Somerset West side around 06:20am in a group of 25-30 going out to Rooi Els. There have been so many attacks of late in the Helderberg basin that it just makes no sense to ride alone anymore.

Still a little shaken up...but at least still alive. I'm just concerned of a younger, but more experienced cyclist who joined me for a while coming from SWest to Strand via Main rd. We chatted and roaqd for a while but as he was a much faster rider, he went ahead when we got to the McDonals robot.

Didn't get his name, but know his a student and from SWest.

This is not cool, I frequently use that road.

Thanks for the headsup and I hope you have a speedy recover.

After being attacked myself, I now ride armed and f*ing dangerous! I don't like it and I don't like the feeling of having to suspect every pedestrian of harm doing!

Had enough of this ape like behaviour!

After being attacked myself, I now ride armed and f*ing dangerous! I don't like it and I don't like the feeling of having to suspect every pedestrian of harm doing!

This is the saddest part of the hijacking phenoman - before I was (blissfully) ignorant but recently have started feeling the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time I ride towards a pedestrian(s) who seem more interested in me than in walking.

Most of the time they're insterested in saying "hello" and moving out of the way but the risk of getting highjacked means painting all pedestrians with the same brush in the interests of self preservation.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal issy...

I would like alert and warn cyclist to avoid the area around the Caltex Garage area in Strand on Faure Marine Drive.

I was attacked, on Saturday 6am, by 2 guys hiding under the trees in a bushy area just before the robot at the Caltex Garage in Strand riding towardsGordons Bay.

They are ruthless and throw cyclist with rocks to the head and once you ”out” steal your bike and all your valuables.

Apparently after chatting to some petrol attendants at the Caltex, I was informed that this is a regular occurrence.

Yup those aholes are renowned for breaking into cars as well from strand to betty's bay.