Submission to Tshwane Metro Council (Pretoria) on Cycling Safety

Big H*

A submission will be made to the Tshwane Metro Council regarding bike-jackings, attacks and muggings, cyclists who have been injured whilst cycling etc. whwter yoy ride Road or MTB. As much information as possible is needed to present a strong case. URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!!!!!!!...... even if you know of somebody that has been affected please submit the information. You may be able to contribute to make cycling better and safer for all of us.

PLEASE DO YOUR PART AND SUBMIT IF YOU HAVE BEEN AFFECTED IN ANY WAY

Please send the information to speke@telkomsa.net.

There is also more information on: http://www.facebook....62803667165658/

(Edit..... I am awaiting info, but I think the submission will be some time in March ...... so please hurry and send any info you have)

Edited by Fantom

Funny how a lot of people complaint about incidents and road safety on here, but when given a chance too word it, everybody is quiet

Thanx, dankie ek sal dit doen. Ek run ook nie die initiatief nie, iemand het gevra ek moet dit doen.

• 2 weeks later...

bump I see the trend of bike jackings now moving to East London as well.

Off the topic I stopped a guy the other day who is flippin commuting with a Felt B2 TT and wanting to sell it for R1500 it makes you sick and :cursing:

• 2 months later...

Ek weet nie, Andre Engelbrecht van Speke het my gevra om dit te plaas. Hy het toe verdwyn en nooit weer enige feedback gegee nie. As iemand hom ken skakel hom en vra hom. Ek sal ook grag wil weet

• 6 months later...

Is this still ongoing. I missed this thread in the past.

Hi, We only noticed this post now somehow... We personally know the person who is driving this issue in Council, Its Councillor Crezane Bosch. If you have any incidents you still wish to report please let us know and we will pass the info on to her. She serves in the Sports and Recreation Portfolio in Council, and submitted vast amount of questions to the Mayor which she never received a reply on it. However with the tragic accident of Burry she managed to set up a meeting with the new MMC for sport which seems promising. As soon as we have more info from her, we will let you guys know. You could follow our facebook page though as we will post info there first hand.