MTB Route in St. Francis area

McStoosh

I am keen to hear too. I know you can head off on the N2 towards Jeffery's, and then ride into Patensie and up Berg Plaas - but that is a long way to drive for a ride...

There are loads of dirt roads in the area, but nothing technical, there is a nice walking trail along the coast from St Francis Bay heading east, It is pretty fun, it connects to some dirt roads heading further east, check it out on google earth, you should see it pretty easily, I last rode there about 6 years ago so can remember if there were any land access issues, dont be tempted to ride the (short cut) dirt road from St Francis to Jefferies, it is horrible and busy

There is a very nice (but short) route from the lighthouse at Cape st Francis. Follow the hiking trail along the wildside coast until you get to a fence (Rocky coast farm) go through the fence and keep following the single track for another 5 or 6 km. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. You will eventually go past some shacks and there will be a gravel road that turns sharply uphill. Follow this gravel road until you get to the main tar road again. Make your way back to the lighthouse or main beach. In all only about 13km, but it is lovely and you can do it a couple of times.