Vredehoek Cape Town break in

PhilipV

Hi all,

A buddy of mine had a break in last night. 3 bikes stolen:

Black Cannondale Caffeine full XT groupset with black Rockshox Sid Race size Large.

Blue/Black GT Roadbike Ultegra groupset and fsa carbon crank size 58cm.

Green/Black Scott Scale 35 Carbon X9/X7 with white Rockshox Reba size Small.

If anything is seen, please let me know zero seven two 260 9030. Or PM me, I'll happily pass it on to him.

Looks like there is a syndicate working in Cape Town at the moment.

Hope he gets his bikes back.

Seems that way, loads of bikes getting stolen lately.

There is definitely a group at work targeting garages in the upper reaches of the City Bowl. They could be targeting bikes, but my guess is they are taking what's not tied down and can be flogged quickly. Don't want to sound like a Hausfrau, but stick a large bolt in the wall, buy a length of chain and 2 padlocks. Attach the chain to the shackle fastened in the wall and loop the chain through the bikes. Close with the second padlock. I have had my garage in Gardens broken into 3 times over the course of 6 years and the bikes were never taken. Remote garages are so easy to break into: pull the door until the guide arm buckles and the plastic roller breaks. Open. Look at your mechanism and how vulnerable it is and you might think twice about leaving your expensive bike in the garage.