Cape Epic Prologue - Meerendal

scuzzy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must also say, Iwas very worried about traffic and parking and whether Meerendal will be able to cope, but I think it was handled quite well and the event went off without any unhapiness. Great seeing the guys going up there.

Gonna be an awesome race, a two horse race? The prologue certainly lost the GC contention for a few teams, barring mechanicals from the front runners.

No i wasnt on the final climb but it was hot as hell out there today, not to mention dusty

... just yanking your chain...

Yip!

Saoder ooked in good form today.

Burry had a lil fall earlier on the route, losing front wheel on a turn.

Edited by danseuse

Some interesting bikes

There was a team riding single speed - Williams Bike Shop, I think

Yup, that is Henk from Cape Town Cycles in the first photo on his snowbike!

And that's right William and Nico from Williams bike shop are the nutters on singlespeeds! :clap:

Saw quite a few hubbers giving it horns today, well done boys and girls, keep it up, just another 750 odd km's to go! :D

The mountaintop finish with Tablemountain in the back ground is truly spectacular and made for some stunning photos.

Awesome day in our beautiful Cape!

Edited by Tankman

Yup, that is Henk from Cape Town Cycles in the first photo on his snowbike!

And that's right William and Niko from Williams bike shop are the nutters on singlespeeds! :clap:

Saw quite a few hubbers giving it horns today, well done boys and girls, keep it up, just another 750 odd km's to go! :D

The mountaintop finish with Tablemountain in the back ground is truly spectacular and made for some stunning photos.

Awesome day in our beautiful Cape!

William or Niko ?

post-615-0-35246100-1332687124.jpg

William or Nico ?

That is William Keith from Williams Bike Shop and his partner, Nico (Tuggboat) Van Zyl is also on a SS!

On the last sprint to the top, these guys flew out there.

post-7162-0-45123200-1332688143.jpg

post-7162-0-89548300-1332688164.jpg

Edited by ubie

Seriously impressed with Theresa Ralph from Biogen Britehouse, 2nd Ladies team. Theresa has a full time day job so has to fit in training where she can.

Great ride by Evans and George, Evans particularly looked very strong.

Raynard Tissink

You should actually post it to FB, and tag him. It will be a nice change(shock!) for his triathlon fans to see him on a MTB ;)

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. :)

Awesome pics - was great watching it live. I am not stoked with SS only having the highlights at 22:00. Bit late to be honest but I guess they need to edit the footage. Gonna have a few late nights this week I think...

I plan on watching it tonight and i have to be up at 445am! :S