KZN DH "Introduction" Days - for DH newbies

nigelhicks

...he said " I still want a downhill bike " :thumbup:

Tell him we all do... thanks to Nigel and Lawrence!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him we all do... thanks to Nigel and Lawrence!

GOOD GOOD! .... that was the whole point of the day!!! :thumbup:

Looks so good guys BigUP , just wondering is there anywhere to stay in kzn, within riding distance, if one comes down with no car ? thnx :thumbup:

GOOD GOOD! .... that was the whole point of the day!!! :thumbup:

I would say mission accomplished then Nige. I have been telling anybody that would listen that they have to come to the next one (and there better be a next one...)

I have also been racking my brain as to how I can afford all this new kit and eventually get my hands on a bike (of my own)....... Those ATMs can't be THAT heavy...? Surely...

I have also been racking my brain as to how I can afford all this new kit and eventually get my hands on a bike (of my own)....... Those ATMs can't be THAT heavy...? Surely...

hahaha well the stuffs not that expensive - a helmet is like a grand or so for a bell ... then just get some knee guards from an MX shop.

And i know of a decent Mongoose Bootr that will be coming on sale soon for CHEAP!! its in good nick and will likely go for under 10k ....

i have too many hobbies...

im not sure if the GF will approve of another bike to accompany the current mtb, bmx, motorbike, 5 surfboards, kiteboard and kite, 2 wakeboards, wakeskate, skis, skateboard, oh dear.

hahaha well the stuffs not that expensive - a helmet is like a grand or so for a bell ... then just get some knee guards from an MX shop.

And i know of a decent Mongoose Bootr that will be coming on sale soon for CHEAP!! its in good nick and will likely go for under 10k ....

There lies the problem... Sneaking R10k out the grocery budget is going to be a bit difficult... I reckon I am going to flog that Teocali ito within an inch of it's life and stash cash into the DH fund in the meantime. Would an MX lid do the job or are they considered too heavy and cumbersome?

Had a look on CRC this weekend, No Fear lids for around R560 and the 661 stuff also looks reasonable. For around a grand you can get a lid, knee and elbow guards. (Excluding shipping, vat and duties though...) Might get a mate to carry them in for me.

i have too many hobbies...

im not sure if the GF will approve of another bike to accompany the current mtb, bmx, motorbike, 5 surfboards, kiteboard and kite, 2 wakeboards, wakeskate, skis, skateboard, oh dear.

I had a similar problem. MX, MTB, RC and fishing. Too many toys and not enough time. Ended up selling the MX bike and the RC Nitro truck. Stuck with the MTB for the enjoyment and the fishing for the relaxation. Both are family orientated as well so killed two birds with one stone!!

There lies the problem... Sneaking R10k out the grocery budget is going to be a bit difficult... I reckon I am going to flog that Teocali ito within an inch of it's life and stash cash into the DH fund in the meantime. Would an MX lid do the job or are they considered too heavy and cumbersome?

Had a look on CRC this weekend, No Fear lids for around R560 and the 661 stuff also looks reasonable. For around a grand you can get a lid, knee and elbow guards. (Excluding shipping, vat and duties though...) Might get a mate to carry them in for me.

MX lids are fine! they may weigh a bit more but will do the job! - Dont sell the teocali as you are then limited to the type of riding you can do - you CANT do XC on a DH bike - you will DIE! .... rather then just use the Teocali to ride DH until your wife buys you a DH bike for Xmas ...

MX lids are fine! they may weigh a bit more but will do the job! - Dont sell the teocali as you are then limited to the type of riding you can do - you CANT do XC on a DH bike - you will DIE! .... rather then just use the Teocali to ride DH until your wife buys you a DH bike for Xmas ...

XC on a DH bike... :lol: Only if I lost a bet! By flog I meant beat. No chance I would sell the Teocali. It is too much fun while riding XC. I will use it to do a bit of light DH and when my talent exceeds my equipment I will be "forced" to start dropping hints (Not that hints haven't already been dropped...) I have been looking at MX helmets as well. No funds at the moment though... :(

yeah my mx bike (CR250R) has been sold, still have a little honda xr100 that was officially earmarked to be sold last night to add to the DH fund.

the rest will be too hard to give up.

My KTM paid for the medical aid shortfall when my youngest was born... Nothing left to start a fund with. May have to spend a bit more time in the garage this weekend and see what I REALLY need to keep. The rest will have to go!

haha, Nige.... you've created a monster.

My biggest problem is im in the process of house hunting. kinda puts a damper on a lot of things

haha, Nige.... you've created a monster.

My biggest problem is im in the process of house hunting. kinda puts a damper on a lot of things

no way ... just write it into the bond ......

no way ... just write it into the bond ......

A 20 year payment plan on a DH bike :w00t: Love your work Nige :thumbup: