Autumn Splendour MTB Race

Rydogg

Does anyone know anything about this race in the Hex River Valley, 26th May 2012.

I would love to do it.

Does anyone know anything about this race in the Hex River Valley, 26th May 2012.

I would love to do it.

I did the short route last year.

Few nice hard climbs, but spectacular views.

If I can I will do the long route this year.

Yes, it is on the same day as the 100 Miler. :(

Did it two years ago and it really is a nice race. There is one part where you cycle through the old train tunnel by candle light. It's very cold early in the morning, but worth it! I'm sorry I'm missing it again this year. If they could just move it one week either way...

Yes, it is on the same day as the 100 Miler. :(

Did it two years ago and it really is a nice race. There is one part where you cycle through the old train tunnel by candle light. It's very cold early in the morning, but worth it! I'm sorry I'm missing it again this year. If they could just move it one week either way...

a week earlier and the sani2c riders will miss out, a week later and everyone doing the Robertson whacky wine race will miss out.

I have the Wacky Wine weekend as 9 June. That leaves 2 June available.

But I guess it's one of those things, I cannot actually do every nice race there is. Great problem to have though!

Its a great race - very cold usually dry conditions with snow on the berge if you are lucky. Nice mix of terrain - some vineyards and jeep track as well as rolling Karoo tracks which are probably the most fun you can have on an mtb...

Yeah - I had two must-do rides on my list for now... this one and the 100-miler. My luck, they're on the same day.