Where do I start?

Shotgun

That doesn't seem to bad, maybe a bit overpriced. Please bear in mind people on Gumtree will generally try their luck at getting more then its actually worth, the same could be said about the hub, but guys will generally let the sellers know in the comments section of the advert if they are trying to really take the piss.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R6100

Seems OK, It also only has 8 speed, not the greatest when you can now get 10 speed for mountain bikes nowdays.

speak to deon at cyclefunatic hell help you out.

Just spoke to Henry @ Cyclefunatic - they have in stock and keeping two for me

Seems OK, It also only has 8 speed, not the greatest when you can now get 10 speed for mountain bikes nowdays.

I am pretty sure I will be the bottleneck when it comes to speed options. :thumbup:

ITs not the best speced bike, but every single review has it 4 stars plus, I also read a review where a very famous rider tested it for 3 months, his only complaint was that when you get to sections in the DCM where you have to carry the bike, it hurts your shoulder, besides that he said it was rock solid, and a total unexpected joy to ride.

Just spoke to Henry @ Cyclefunatic - they have in stock and keeping two for me

If they do a good deal for you, maybe look at upgrading your wheelset or fork with something secondhand off the hub :thumbup:

ITs not the best speced bike, but every single review has it 4 stars plus, I also read a review where a very famous rider tested it for 3 months, his only complaint was that when you get to sections in the DCM where you have to carry the bike, it hurts your shoulder, besides that he said it was rock solid, and a total unexpected joy to ride.

I also read loads of reviews and it seems like the perfect entry level bike? A whole lot of bike for that price it seems. I also saw a couple of complaints about the saddle, but I guess for a beginner you will complain about that anyway.

If they do a good deal for you, maybe look at upgrading your wheelset or fork with something secondhand off the hub :thumbup:

Exactly, I thought if I can get it for say R5500, then I still have R2500 to spend on the bike before I get to R8000! Anybody who thinks I am making a mistake?

I also read loads of reviews and it seems like the perfect entry level bike? A whole lot of bike for that price it seems. I also saw a couple of complaints about the saddle, but I guess for a beginner you will complain about that anyway.

Things like that can be upgraded along the way, just make sure that the bike you are looking at on that link has the same specs as the local version, you might just get a different saddle to the one in the link. They can also swop it out possibly if you do buy it.

Its more like a decent frame with a whole bunch of crap attached to it, but thats fine, as you start off and break stuff, you dont want high grade components and you can invest and upgrade over time.

Like caerus said, upgrade 1 the fork upgrade 2 the wheelset. The rest you ride till it breaks. and then replace with higher level components.