LBS loyalty

Toxic

Price matters and service too :thumbup: So I guess if you can find a balance between the two you have the perfect lbs. :thumbup: I do however think that certain lbs' think that they can con customers out of money without them realizing it, but hey for some strange reason those customers do not return next time ;) I had such an experience last week and will never do bussiness with that lbs again. If the owner can look you in the eye and take your money for doing nothing, then you know its time to move on :thumbup:
what the guys dont realize is yes we are newbies when we start out and yes they can con you for a while but when you get savy to what they are up to alot of trust is lost and it aggravates me to see them do it to other newcomers to the sport

I drive from Sandton to Pretoria just to purchase small things from the guys that sold me my bike. Always better to go to where you get the best service even if it puts you out a bit.

The other situation is, that I do go out with the local bike shop on rides, So that would be awkward to pitch up with a bike I bought somewhere else..

that's business, your lbs should understand that and either raise his game or enjoy the slow slide

I support a LBS that pulls finger for me....adds value to my shopping experience and goes the extra mile. I don't care that they charge more or isn't the closest to my house. If you have a good product and actually interested in building a relationship with your customer instead of going for a quick sale you will do well and your reputation will grow. Case and point my gran, she can get her monthly medicine for much cheaper at dischem, but she continues to support ABC pharmacy because Joe greets her by her name and asks about the grandchildren.

+1, spot on, I could not agree more.

I only support one lbs where I live, when I walk in I fell like Norm from Cheers (For those who remember Cheers)

The bike shops in Gabs are so crap that I only use them for emergencies.

Otherwise its off to Mikes Bikes in Jhb and if in CT...Circle Cycles it is :thumbup:

GO LOYAL!!! not local!!!!....

I've found loyalty goes a looooooooooong way - from both sides!!!

services services services I will drive a hour to get services, i think sum of our lbs think they can do with us like they please

+1, spot on, I could not agree more.

I only support one lbs where I live, when I walk in I fell like Norm from Cheers (For those who remember Cheers)

What LBS is that?

Would you support your LBS if they tell you they will charge you more if you bring in your own parts for or otherwise they flat out refuse to do work if you do not buy your parts from them.

I've not had the same thing if I have bought my own parts for a car service.

I find that if you frequent any given bike shop too much, they eventually take you for granted. Just because you go there often they think your money is already in the cash register. Often if I walk into a bike shop, with a newbie walking straight behind me, they'll help the newbie for as long as it takes and maybe just throw a Howzit your way, and then only might help you if you approach them. I've got two bike shops that I support in PE. I send both a SMS starting with "Hi Guys", so that they know the SMS is going to more than just them. I ask them to give me their best price for whatever I need. The one with the lowest price "wins". I'm not going to go back and forth between shops to knock each other's prices down. So give me your best price up front, and that's what I'm going for. My loyalty lies with my wallet.

I find that if you frequent any given bike shop too much, they eventually take you for granted. Just because you go there often they think your money is already in the cash register. Often if I walk into a bike shop, with a newbie walking straight behind me, they'll help the newbie for as long as it takes and maybe just throw a Howzit your way, and then only might help you if you approach them. I've got two bike shops that I support in PE. I send both a SMS starting with "Hi Guys", so that they know the SMS is going to more than just them. I ask them to give me their best price for whatever I need. The one with the lowest price "wins". I'm not going to go back and forth between shops to knock each other's prices down. So give me your best price up front, and that's what I'm going for. My loyalty lies with my wallet.

Exactly, if you can afford to support you LBS then happy days, but for a price conscience shopper like myself, the wife or wallet speaks first.

What LBS is that?

Greg Minaar Racing in PMB.

I have taken the time over the years to build a good relationship with their entire team.

This is not to say they are perfect, but they are a family store with family values who could care less about the size of my wallet.

They are always happy to see me and always have time for a chat.