What to do, no training for 6 weeks

Thanks guys, so I am not alone. All input and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

I read some cool cycling books during my injury phase last year, majestic.

Also, checked out some cool sites like www.joefrielsblog.com or www.redkiteprayer.com.

It gave me an opportunity to stay connected to the sport and return with enthusiasm and greater knowledge.

I read some cool cycling books during my injury phase last year, majestic.

Also, checked out some cool sites like www.joefrielsblog.com or www.redkiteprayer.com.

It gave me an opportunity to stay connected to the sport and return with enthusiasm and greater knowledge.

and spend a lot more time planning the rest of my year. Some adventure racing sounds cool. Google is my friend.

and spend a lot more time planning the rest of my year. Some adventure racing sounds cool. Google is my friend.

:thumbup:

I contacted a virus which has created an erratic heart beat. They can not shock it as it is too irregular. Cardiologist says no sport or training for 6 weeks, then we will evaluate.

First problem is how do I try and keep my fitness and sanity.

Second challenge,I will have 2 moths to get back into shape for Transbaviaans. Do I throw in the towel now and let my partner find someone else to ride with. I am frustrated as hell.Please advise guys. :cursing:

I share your pain.

I was playing with my little boy (1 and half years of age), and he kicked me in the stomach.

Long story short, I have an appointment, with the Dr, to check out my hernia, for something doesn’t feel right.

And I just got over the flu.

But I agree with the others. Maybe give TB a miss.

Edited by bclark

Your body does not lose conditioning that quickly - you lose sync between nerve endings that feed muscle fibers but that can be acquired quickly if you do it right. Do not even thing of getting an off-the-shelve training program! You have to have something that is specifically customized for your situation. Message me should you be interested ... You can be on track again within 8-12 weeks if you do it right!

Some light I hope

Due to "popular" demand we have compiled an AFFORDABLE personalized sport performance coaching option - see our ad under Classifieds > Miscellaneous > Services

• 3 months later...

I started my Transbaviaans training on 04 June after being off any exercise for 6 weeks. I finished on Saturday in 14h45 minutes. Slower than before but very happy.

So if you train properly ,it is amazing what you can get your body to do in 8 weeks.