Titan 29er Pro

Nic8711

SO... I collected the bike this weekend. Did my first race on it (48km in 3 hours) and what a great machine ! I loved every minute of it ! Rocky decents were a walk in the park, switchbacks were a little harder than usual and the hill climbs were slightly harder but not that much !

Compared to my previous entry level 26er this bike felt amazing almost !!

All in all its a great bike and so far I have no regrets !! I also saw a couple other Titans in the race so these bikes are starting to get more and more popular !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys :D

So im taking the leap and buying a 29er B) I took a look at the following 4 bikes:

• MOMSEN ALS29
  • SCOTT SCALE 29 ELITE
  • TITAN 29R PRO
  • GIANT XTC COMPOSITE 29ER 1

Spec for spec the Titan really comes out on top and its a great looking bike too.In addition, the guys at Chain Cycerly in hillcrest have decided to do a great deal for me and include a full Crest ZTR wheelset + do a tubeless conversion for me becuase thats what the momsen bike had to offer(Minus the crest hubs) which is what would have pursueded me to get the momsen.

I think im really happy with my decision - So ill getting the bike at the end of the month :clap:

Now, I cant really find any reviews on the Titan range. I know they come from the Merido factory so they cant be all that bad :thumbup:

Does anyone have any reviews on this specific bike by anychance ?

And does anyone have any reasons why I should not get this bike ?

Full Specs below:

http://www.titanraci...spx?Bike=29RPro

Nic

Hi Nic, never heard of chain cyclery in hillcrest, are they new, and where are they???

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nic

just out of interest what did the Titan set u back ?

Been riding a 26er for 3 years now and looking to change to a 29er been almost 2m tall , ive been told changing to a 29er would be quite easy for me.

Spent a few bit on my 26er and dont want to lose trading up now if the outlay is gonna be extensive.

Is LBS offering the tubeless conversion with all their sales of the Titan ?

i have a TITAN Carbon pro for sale @ R16500. full XT bike weighs 11kg

• 2 months later...

I'm planning on starting mountain biking, and I've been told 29er is the way to go, there is currently a special on alloy 29er (2012 frame) for R6K, do you guys think it will be the best bang for buck.

I dont want to go the 2nd hand route as I dont know too much about the components, and quality checks, etc - possible getting taking for a ride due to my lack of knowledge...

full specs below on the 29er

26" ELITE - 30 SPEEDS

Models

MAN

Frame

TITAN 6061 DB DISC

Size

16-18-20-21.5

Color

Fork

SR SF11-XCR MLO 100MM (BRONZE Stantions)

BB Set

SHIMANO

B-Lever

DRACO WHITE

Brake-F

DRACO WHITE

Brake-R

DRACO WHITE

B-Cable

attached

Chain

KMC X10

Chainwheel

SHIMANO M522 24-32-42T

DERA-F

SHIMANO FD-M590-3X10

DERA-R

SHIMANO RD-M770-3X10

Freewheel

SHIMANO HG62-10

Grip

TITAN PRO (WHITE)

H-Bar

TITAN COMP water decal

H-B Stem

TITAN COMP water decal

Head Set

VP CORN

Spacer

10mm BK w/ printing

Hub-F

TITAN DISC Q/R (JY)

Hub-R

SHIMANO M475

Pedal

ALLOY

Rim

DS-21, EYELETS

Saddle

TITAN COMP

Seat Clamp

TITAN PRO with Q/R

Seat Post

31.6 TITAN

Shifter-F

SHIMANO SL-M590-3

Shifter-R

SHIMANO SL-M590-10

Spoke

BLACK STAINLESS

Tire-F/R

Maxxis Crossmark Wire 2.1

Edited by Walter05

I got the 29Pro - LOVE this baike - Tomorrow is one month and almost done 300Km no issues except that I broke the seat clamp (crappy), so get a spare 34.9mm clamp.

Just for the record: Brakes = Avid Elixir 5 (Not the M505 on the spec sheet)

Shifters = XT

Get it soon - with the deal on the ZTR Crest - they'll also have to swop the Racing Ralph Performance to the Snake Skin if they are doing the tubeless conversion. The Arch EX that comes standard is very nice (bit more weight) and is regarded as a bit more robust due to the extra bit of aluminium in the design.

A bit late if you already bought but the 2013 Titan Team 29er is very well specked at a very awesome price:

Carbon Frame

Rock Shox Sid RLT Tapered

Sram XO groupset and brakes

XX RD

FSA SLK Carbon Bars, stem and seatpost

Stans ZTR Arch EX Wheelset

Weighing in @ only 10.02kg thumbup1.gif

Photo's here