[Event] Waterberg Lindani MTB Challenge

alanvc

Event Name: Waterberg Lindani MTB Challenge
When: 9 June 2012
Where: Lindani Game and Lodges, Vaalwater, Limpopo
Category: MTB

Set in the heart of the Waterberg on the beautiful farm of Lindani, only two and a half hours from Pretoria, come join us for a fun filled day. Experience a special part of the Waterberg at Lindani's inaugural MTB event where you can take part in a challenging 52km MTB race, a 20km easy flowing MTB race, a 2.2km multilap MTB ride for kids or a 4km hiking trail.

For the MTB enthusiast who enjoys testing their technical skills as well as their fitness there is a challenging but rewarding 52km race. This is 'proper' mountain biking, not just a gentle ride around a game farm on farm roads but a challenging ride with a great mix of flowing single track and technical sections. You will have the chance to experience some of the magical sections such as 'Roller Coaster Ravine', 'As Good As It Gets', Topsy turvy', 'Down & Out' and 'EasyRider', described by Tread magazine (2010) as "....some of the best(single track) we have ever sampled and that is no exaggeration". Although the 52km race is more suited to the technically able, the technical pieces are relatively short allowing the less proficient to walk them and still take part in the longer race.

For a more mellow ride, there is the 20km race. An easy flowing ride through beautiful Waterberg bushveld scenery. Most the ride is on good farm roads. There are two relatively short pieces of single track added in to spice it up. This is a ride for all to enjoy. There will be two water points for both the 52km and the 20km races.

There will be a 2.2km lap around the Start-Finish area where young kids can also take part and will be able to ride one, two, three or more laps.

If you prefer two feet on the ground rather than wheels, there will be an exquisite and picturesque trail for walkers. The hiking trail is a circular 4km route that starts and ends at the race venue and incorporates a section of Lindani's 'Mountain Trail' which has been awarded Green flag status. Some of the attractions are beautiful viewpoints, magnificent bushveld trees (Wild figs, Moepels,Schotias, Wild Syringas and others) and a quaint kloof with lichen covered rocks under a Yellowood and Moepel canopy.

Schedule:

6.45am to 7.45am Registrationand Entries

8.00 am Prerace briefing

8.15am 52kmrace

8.45am ChildrensRace

9.30am 20kmrace

Be sure to check the website for directions to avoid the roadworks between Modimolle and Vaalwater

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Alan

This event was amazing. Some of the best singletrack i rode in along time. Is it possible to get a GPS download of the route from you? I live in Lephalale and want to go ride there again with some friends from Gauteng.

Regards

Hans