what can be done with my details

no calves

Ok so I have a few items for sale here and I normally have no problem doing bussines.

There was interest in one of the items I have for sale and the sale was going in the sold direction( the interessted party clearly showing interested and enquiring about postage etc). He then asked for my banking details and I emailed it to him. 5mins later he replied saying he read some terrible reviews and won't be taking the item anymore...

Now my question is: can he do something with my banking details and other info I gave him?? It just seems very odd to enly review something after asking for banking details.. Or am I just paranoid??

In theory you should be okay, just watch for the trick where they say that they inadvertently made a payment into your account. They then ask you to refund them, only to reverse the original payment once your money is received.

Send me your banking details, and I'll take a look at them.

lol, I thought the same thing :whistling:

@ the OP- How come you have so many bad reviews for sales that he was so put off?

as long he doesnt have your pin and code theres nothing he can do, i.e. banks will send you a statement in the post which anyone could steal, if there was any risk to divulging an account number there would be no online transactions and you wouldnt receive your account details via normal post.

What part was it ill let you know if got bad reviews lol.

The reviews was about my item for sale(RS monarch 4.2 rear shock) not about the way I do bussiness.

Then I am not ranting about my lost bussiness deal it just started to get me thinking since I have never had a deal gone sour(touch wood)

The reviews was about my item for sale(RS monarch 4.2 rear shock) not about the way I do bussiness.

Then I am not ranting about my lost bussiness deal it just started to get me thinking since I have never had a deal gone sour(touch wood)

Tell the buyeri say that he must stop reading reviews from 2009, RS monarch is an absolute beaut, Havent touched my bikes with Fox rear shocks since i got my latest beast with an RS shock. Beats the hell out of fox everysingle time.

relax, NOTHING can be done with your account number alone.

Just be careful of future spam mails.