CompliMed Midlands ULTRA Tri-Series

B-Active Sports

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Damian

One final request. We are driving far to race this event and it costs us a lot of money. We are racing against ourselves, not for prizes. We are here to enjoy the sport as are you. Please ask the refs to make calls in good spirit of the event. Please ask them to have a look at an individual over a period of time (a minute or two) before making a call in terms of drafting etc, not just pull out a card if it seems someone might be drafting for 2 seconds from 800m afar on the back of a motorbike!

It has happened last time at Bela that okes (me included) was carded under "controversial" circumstances to say the least. Basically we do not like refs on a power trip.

Regards

Us athletes!

Hi Guys

Transition will be first come first serve.

I have advised the Ref accordingly... the KZN ones barring 1 ref are good on those calls.

Thanks

Damian

Edited by B-Active Sports

Hi Guys

Transition will be first come first serve.

I have advised the Ref accordingly... the KZN ones barring 1 ref are good on those calls.

Thanks

Damian

Haha! There is always that one ref!! Always! The bloody Bryce Lawrence of Triathlon

Morning all

Our race office will be closed from 3pm today (Thursday) until next week Tuesday.

Please call us on our cells (At a decent hour) if there are any important queries. All race information is included in Final instructions which are on the race website.

• Saturday - 11am until 4pm
  • Sunday - 5am until 6:30am

Cheers

The B-Active Team

Damian - 082 559 2080 (race queries)

Caryn - 076 811 2193 (registration queries)

Edited by B-Active Sports

So keen for this!

Dusting off the aero helmet (not like the chaps who train with theirs in the cradle)...

Going to be a great day out!

So keen for this!

Dusting off the aero helmet (not like the chaps who train with theirs in the cradle)...

Going to be a great day out!

Ja nee. I only have 1 helmet. I use it for MTB, road and triathlon. I wear it because I'm told I have to :whistling:

Ja nee. I only have 1 helmet. I use it for MTB, road and triathlon. I wear it because I'm told I have to :whistling:

Me to.

Teardrop helmets look so ghey if you are not top 10......

Garfield, what is your race number. we need to tell the refs to keep an eye out for you.

Must say I have been very relaxed about the event for quite sometime now. It was only this morning when I woke up and was thinking about the event that felt the first of those all too familiar butterflies :unsure:

Hi Garf. Had a chat with my mate who is one of the refs. Told him to look out for you #583. He thinks it is funny that you get so upset with them. He promised he has had his eyes tested recently.

He will be wearing one of those black and white striped outfits. So listen out for his whistle, he said it is a new one and really loud.

He also said his new scooter runs really quiet so he can sneak up on you.

I promised him a beer if he catches you.

Hey wat maak julle 583 is my number !! bliksems. Listen I only get disqualified before the race has even started. I dont cheat during the race :whistling: well ok maybe a bit of drafting ... every second or so but only if you dont mind :ph34r:

I'm gonna get myself one of those gay helmets and a funny suit so when the refs check me out they cant actually see me. I'm gonna be like the German U 212 submarine almost undetectable. Designed to attack and sink other athletes and referees. Not even the Garf claw will see me coming. Gonna call myself U583 :w00t:

Edited by Seeker911

Haha.

Have fun at the race guys. Don't worry Garf put me up to it with your number.

I actually gave my bud his number, 648.

Edited by davem