Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

Well all I can say is that waiting for my refund to reflect in my account as supposed to waiting for their Manager to contact me... it will be quicker to get the refund from them! Sadly I will need to wait a little longer before making another straight purchase as my budget only allowed for this price range. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have a light to cycle with! Very disappointed in Groupon and their response time :thumbdown:

Did you not come right with that number I mailed you? Also leave messages on Facebook.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not come right with that number I mailed you? Also leave messages on Facebook.

I left a voicemail message for him and was thinking of going straight to hellopeter but chose not to in the end. All I want right now is my money back so I can put that money towards a light from Magic_shine!

I left a voicemail message for him and was thinking of going straight to hellopeter but chose not to in the end. All I want right now is my money back so I can put that money towards a light from Magic_shine!

I thought about the Hellopeter route, but there are already so many complaints. Just keep trying that guy, and leave the Facebook message on there wall, it worked for me, someone called me within an hr of leaving the message. I still need to check if my money has reflected in my account.

They did answer my call after a few minutes, i think they were having phone problems yesterday (maybe the rush of order cancellations LOL) This is the number i called through on, 021 401 0600, asked to cancel my order and got an email response directly afterwards with a fererence number.

Will give both options a go little later... lol reckon it must have been caused by the volume of cancellations!

Will give both options a go little later... lol reckon it must have been caused by the volume of cancellations!

Agreed.

Well guys, a further update, as mentioned i cancelled the Groupon deal and reordered through Magic-shine, received my parcel this morning (MJ-880) and merely awaiting refund from Groupon now, so now if i understand correctly the only difference here now is that Pyro lights run at 4000K whereas the light i received from Magic-shine is a standard unit supposedly running at 6000K as per Pyro website, either way will test out my unit in the morning, but all seems great now. Good luck to all other buyers awaiting their lights.

Please let me know how the testing goes with the MJ-880 as I am thinking/wanting to get the same one :thumbup:

Please let me know how the testing goes with the MJ-880 as I am thinking/wanting to get the same one :thumbup:

At the offer of R1,499 that has to be a buy.

Why not contact Wendy Knowler (consumer@knowler.co.za) and tell her your story. It's high time these scams are exposed.

Just spoke to the manager two mins ago, he is finding out now whats happening, if anyone wants the guy to call them back PM me your mobile number to forward to him

Well guys, a further update, as mentioned i cancelled the Groupon deal and reordered through Magic-shine, received my parcel this morning (MJ-880) and merely awaiting refund from Groupon now, so now if i understand correctly the only difference here now is that Pyro lights run at 4000K whereas the light i received from Magic-shine is a standard unit supposedly running at 6000K as per Pyro website, either way will test out my unit in the morning, but all seems great now. Good luck to all other buyers awaiting their lights.

You are correct about the difference... What you prefer is complete personal preference. My view is that "warm" 4000K light is great for homes where you want nice warm light and you're not too worried about visibility and also easier on oncoming cyclists/cars whereas "cold" 6000K+ light is great for high visibility (think hospitals/latest bi-xenon car headlights etc) as you get more contrast on the object you're looking at so better perception of the tree trunk/rock you're about to ride into (if you're as skilled as I am on a MTB). I battle with night-vision so prefer the harsher white light as I find the additional contrast gives me much better vision of objects which are tucked away in the shadows. Although I do admit the warm light is closer to a "natural" light, that isn't what I want from my riding light (if it provided the same amount of light as the sun, then I might start worrying about having a nice comfortable colour, but right now my concern is visibility).

Will do my bud, just a little worried about out highveld weather forecast this weekend, seems like it will be a really cold one.

Apparently they had a substantial amount of refunds regarding this Groupon deal, and all refunds should relect by tomorrow depending when the cancellation was done, my money should reflect by tomorrow.

Apparently they had a substantial amount of refunds regarding this Groupon deal, and all refunds should relect by tomorrow depending when the cancellation was done, my money should reflect by tomorrow.

To be honest I could imagine the amount of refunds regarding this Groupon deal... even my one mate said the refunds would hurt them more! Hopefully the refunds reflect for all as soon as possible!

To be honest I could imagine the amount of refunds regarding this Groupon deal... even my one mate said the refunds would hurt them more! Hopefully the refunds reflect for all as soon as possible!

The Manger said the same thing, but it had to be done

You are correct about the difference... What you prefer is complete personal preference. My view is that "warm" 4000K light is great for homes where you want nice warm light and you're not too worried about visibility and also easier on oncoming cyclists/cars whereas "cold" 6000K+ light is great for high visibility (think hospitals/latest bi-xenon car headlights etc) as you get more contrast on the object you're looking at so better perception of the tree trunk/rock you're about to ride into (if you're as skilled as I am on a MTB). I battle with night-vision so prefer the harsher white light as I find the additional contrast gives me much better vision of objects which are tucked away in the shadows. Although I do admit the warm light is closer to a "natural" light, that isn't what I want from my riding light (if it provided the same amount of light as the sun, then I might start worrying about having a nice comfortable colour, but right now my concern is visibility).

Thank you for that, so in essence if i understand your opinion correctly it will be better to stay with the colder 6000K as opposed to the 4000K (so i really do see that dam tree jumping out of no where?)