Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

And sorted... refund should reflect by Friday :clap:

Now go get yourself another....................BIG UP

:thumbup: :thumbup:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now go get yourself another....................BIG UP

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Haha its on the future plans :whistling:

You are correct about the difference... What you prefer is complete personal preference. My view is that "warm" 4000K light is great for homes where you want nice warm light and you're not too worried about visibility and also easier on oncoming cyclists/cars whereas "cold" 6000K+ light is great for high visibility (think hospitals/latest bi-xenon car headlights etc) as you get more contrast on the object you're looking at so better perception of the tree trunk/rock you're about to ride into (if you're as skilled as I am on a MTB). I battle with night-vision so prefer the harsher white light as I find the additional contrast gives me much better vision of objects which are tucked away in the shadows. Although I do admit the warm light is closer to a "natural" light, that isn't what I want from my riding light (if it provided the same amount of light as the sun, then I might start worrying about having a nice comfortable colour, but right now my concern is visibility).

Hi Edge_Design. just a few questions. if 6000K was so good and the high amount of Blue was better, then why are OEM manufacturers of motor cars limited to 4300K? only after market lights are higher. Why are all highway lights yellow? Why not the white blue of the side streets? That white is cheaper to install. why bother?

Here is the facts. The blue sensitive cones are not in the middle of macula/Retina which makes focusing on a bluish object difficult. Biology 101.

You may know this but let me make it clear for those that does not know it. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WHITE LED!!!! THEY DON"T EXIST. All LED that appear white are blue LED with a phosphorus coating . the thinner the coating the more of the original light(Royle Blue) you have the more blue get trough.

The human eye has 3 cone just using one and over stimulating it is not conducive to good visibility.

Pyrolights stock is reserved for replacement only hance why we can't sell. We do have one or two extra but I would rather play it safe.

Edited by Hannes Zietsman

Hahaha :clap:

These guys really do piggyback everywhere they get an opportunity.....HAHAHAHA

Well, like i said before. bad publicity is much better than no publicity. what a opening bang woopa!!!! :w00t:

Well, like i said before. bad publicity is much better than no publicity. what a opening bang woopa!!!! :w00t:

Hannes, how can you be blase towards these guys, i am starting to get the impression that the extreme light is also one of yours???

I would rather say it is from the same company. But it is not the same as Pyrolights. MikeMT it is called through fuel on fire. it is fun. I should stoppe doing it but really the hub is such a great place and the people can get so reved up that I just could not help my self.

still not happy that Groupon put the add as one. I that was an admin mistake on there side. Extreme lights is just a low cost light brand. No fancy. I don't see the point of having people buy from dealextreme if the can have the light here. It does not change the fact that people got upset about feeling mislead. But it was not deliberate.

Petatodd does have a point about the prices and i will think about it. all that he is forgetting is that it is not illegal to raise the price or lower it. A deal is a Deal. If you don't like it don't take it. Not all Great deal are Great. The unit sold by Groupon is good and many will be very happy.

Some times we forget that of the 7 mil people that are cyclist in ZA very few even know The Hub exist and they have to go to bike shops to buy. So they where going to have to buy that type of light for R1000-R1400. So at R650 it is a still a steel.

Edited by Hannes Zietsman

I would rather say it is from the same company. But it is not the same as Pyrolights. MikeMT it is called through fuel on fire. it is fun. I should stoppe doing it but really the hub is such a great place and the people can get so reved up that I just could not help my self.

still not happy that Groupon put the add as one. I that was an admin mistake on there side. Extreme lights is just a low cost light brand. No fancy. I don't see the point of having people buy from dealextreme if the can have the light here. It does not change the fact that people got upset about feeling mislead. But it was not deliberate.

Petatodd does have a point about the prices and i will think about it. all that he is forgetting is that it is not illegal to raise the price or lower it. A deal is a Deal. If you don't like it don't take it. Not all Great deal are Great. The unit sold by Groupon is good and many will be very happy.

Some times we forget that of the 7 mil people that cyclist very few even know The Hub exist and they have to go to bike shops to buy. So they where going to have to buy that type of light for R1000-R1400. So at R650 it is a still a steel.

Thanks for the update.

Well guys, as previously mentioned i received my MJ-880, after some charging hooked it up and i can honestly say that this small package packs a BIG response.

Its literally like a truck coming towards you from an oncoming point of view, and as for the 4000 - 6000K dispute i have no idea what this is all about, but these lights function just like my cars xenon light bulbs, i do not notice a blue light at all but rather a cooler white light which illuminates well, and i mean really well.

I am not really in any position to conduct any form of scientific test but i can say that i easily measured lighting ability up to approximately 75m in front of me easily, and with the smallest details such as roots and rocks being very noticeable

Well guys, as previously mentioned i received my MJ-880, after some charging hooked it up and i can honestly say that this small package packs a BIG response.

Its literally like a truck coming towards you from an oncoming point of view, and as for the 4000 - 6000K dispute i have no idea what this is all about, but these lights function just like my cars xenon light bulbs, i do not notice a blue light at all but rather a cooler white light which illuminates well, and i mean really well.

I am not really in any position to conduct any form of scientific test but i can say that i easily measured lighting ability up to approximately 75m in front of me easily, and with the smallest details such as roots and rocks being very noticeable

Great to hear that this light performs well, any chance of getting a picture to see for ourselves just how well it lights up the area in front?

I can do that tonight yes, bearing in mind though that i will take the pics with a standard iphone without flash if you guys are happy with that?

I can do that tonight yes, bearing in mind though that i will take the pics with a standard iphone without flash if you guys are happy with that?

Thank you, yes without a flash would probably be a good idea to get the true affect of the strenght of the light :thumbup:

Apparently they had a substantial amount of refunds regarding this Groupon deal, and all refunds should relect by tomorrow depending when the cancellation was done, my money should reflect by tomorrow.

And now the excess are available on the hub at a further discounted price (just to twist the knife a little more for those that stuck with the Groupon deal!).

This sort of arrogance very rarely builds a sustainable customer base.