What MTB Wheels - Strong and reasonably light

Izak

I would never recommend ZTR flows to anyone they are crap. They may be light but they are light for a reason you sacrifice strength. And they are supposed to be the strongest Ztr rims. Strength wise mavic are still the best. Dont sacrifice strength for weight rather take a crap before you ride or lose a couple kgs

Yeah, but you were riding them on a DH bike and chances are (we don't know yet) this guy is on a XC bike. I've been riding ZTR rims for close to as long I've been riding and have never lost a rim. Learned to jump on the old Olympic (Crest now) and they held up. Last two wheelsets have been I9 on Flow and they are both still going strong after some serious abuse. Latest wheelset I used Arch EX. Hasn't been long enough to give honest feedback, but I'm sure like all the ZTR hoops before them they will impress.

Gary Barnard does the DH run in Tokai on a Zula with Crest hoops and Racing Ralphs (!), jumps all that is to be jumped and his rims also survive.

But then again, if the OP is on a XC bike I also wouldn't recommend Flows. I'd go for Crest.

Fit and forget...Hope's with Stan's Crest

Weight Weenie but needs pampering...AM Classics

Pimp and pretty....Crankbrothers Cobalt

I won the lotto...Easton EC90's

Tried to get 819's off CRC, but they won't send to SA. Any suggestions where a person can source them?

Fit and forget...Hope's with Stan's Crest MTX29s

Weight Weenie but needs pampering...AM Classics

Pimp but high maintenance....Crapbrothers Cobalt

I won the lotto...Easton EC90's ENVE's on Chris Kings

there... fixed ;) :lol:

there... fixed ;) :lol:

hehehhe

I wanted to mention the ENVE's on CK but they didn't quite fit in anywhere...maybe I won the UK lottery