Replacement rear shock for a 2006 Mongoose Teocali Super

marsbeetle

Hi Guy's,

I have a friend with a 2006 Mongoose Teocali Super that has a Rock Shox MC3.1, 124/145(according to bikepedia) rear that he would like to replace. Due to its age there is not much info on it which is making it difficult to find a suitable replacement.

Can anyone suggest something that would fit this model bike ?

Thanks.

Nelis

Thats not that old - a comparable Fox should fit. Call Omnico and give them the measurements from centre eye to eye and they'll probaqbly be able to spec the right shock...

What is the reason for wanting to change it? (I know you said age) Is it not working properly? Wouldn't a service be easier (and cheaper)?

Thanks for the reply. I think he just wants something with better performance and newer tech and has read about many issues with the particular model on it currently. It's squeaking all the time too which is driving him nuts and is quite common on the current shock. I did suggest he get it serviced.

Edited by marsbeetle

Thanks for the reply. I think he just wants something with better performance and newer tech and has read about many issues with the particular model on it currently. It's squeaking all the time too which is driving him nuts and is quite common on the current shock. I did suggest he get it serviced.

That squeak may not be the shock but rather an issue with the DU bushes in the pivots.

He took the shock off and it still squeaks when you compress it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cool. Good Luck.