29er forks - best buys

Jonny Fish

Rockshox REBA. For the price,performance and reliability,hard to beat. Even service costs are not much,and can even be done yourself. Spend some time setting it up and you good to go.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: roadie! Add Marzocchi & Manitou to your list Cavendish, then you have covered them all!

Dont forget Niner if the OP wants to go rigid ;)

I said Fox for him, but on a budget RS

( For ME - Lefty)

I hate Rock shox btw , Had a Reba,Recon Gold, Fox Rl and now a lefty

Fox and the lefty much nicer than RS

*Heads to the door*

:lol: roadie! Add Marzocchi & Manitou to your list Cavendish, then you have covered them all!

Dont forget Niner if the OP wants to go rigid ;)

+ he wanted a 29er fork best buy - The lefty is Fckn expensive

Rockshox REBA. For the price,performance and reliability,hard to beat. Even service costs are not much,and can even be done yourself. Spend some time setting it up and you good to go.

And it gives top-notch performance. A best buy

On*One carbon rigid race fork.

You'll be absolutely amazed by the gnarly stuff you can ride with a bladed carbon fork.

The Niner is also very good.

The Rapide carbon is a real bargain for what you get ( under R3000), had a similar design to the Niner, but newer models have been upgraded. Whisky make beautiful carbon. Trigon also nice. X-lite also great. Many options.

No maintenance!! ( that is R500 -R750 every few months less, depending on your mileage)

My ON *One came in at 537grams after cutting the steerer to length, that is most likely a good 1000grams lighter than a SID.

OK, fringe hi-jack out

+ he wanted a 29er fork best buy - The lefty is Fckn expensive

Those are all 29er, best value for money Rock Shox, best fork ... shall we start a new thread for that debate?

Those are all 29er, best value for money Rock Shox, best fork ... shall we start a new thread for that debate?

Thats exactly what I said - Rock Shox is the best value for money.

No lets not start a fork debate on a Friday :whistling:

Yeah, the more reckless you ride the better fork you need :ph34r:

Thats exactly what I said - Rock Shox is the best value for money.

No lets not start a fork debate on a Friday :whistling:

What else are you going to do on the friday except cuase crap on the hub lol.

Opinions are here to be rendered :)

Heres mine, have ridden multiple RS and Multiple foxes in my short liftime,

Fox is totally overpriced and totatlly underperforms in the XC market, their AM/DH stuff however is superb. FOX is a total ripp off since the Reba gives you better performance at half the price and half the maintenance.

The lefty is comparable to the 2012 sid's in my opinion, the 2011 sid's sucked balls, but RS got the recipe right for a true race fork. And the lefty is great in the not so rough stuff, but the minute you hit AM/Trail conditions with drop off's boulders etc it under performs. But then again so does the sid in those conditions.

Best value buy Rock Shox Reba by far, trail orientated fork at race orientated weight limits.

I said Fox for him, but on a budget RS

( For ME - Lefty)

*Heads to the door*

Can't exactly compare a recon gold to a Fox :) but hey rode a recon gold now for 3 months before i slapped my new reba on, and its a very capable fork, not the plushest but it did what it was supposed to, just sucks that its single air.