Doringkloof spruit

martinsnyman

hmmm another route here in Centurion? DOnt know how the route goes, but I assume its unsafe in alot of areas. should be an awesome ride. Why dont we try and get some numbers for this and check it out?

Alternatively you can always join the Epic Sports ride on Saturday mornings departing at 07-ish from the shop in Jean Avenue. Mostsly go through Irene/Olifantsfontein etc. Some very nice trails as well. Most rides do parts of the USN Mtb cup route.

Thanks for the replies, live in the area and am looking for a trail to ride during the week.I joined the epic club and will join from next Saturday.

Martin,

ek dink as mens dalk die Doringkloof Spruit, saam met die Hennops Hiking trail doen kan dit beter wees, maar het geen idee hoe die roete is etc nie. As jy in die week wil ry, join eerder Groenkloof. Laasjaar was 'n jaar kaartjie iets soos R600-00. Dis baie beter as jy alleeen in die week wil/moet ry.

Die plan is dat ek weer Epic join hierdie naweek, maar ja, as jy daar is, kyk uit vir my rooi Spez Rockhopper en sê howzit.

Edited by RudoJ

Hi,

Dankie vir die raad, dink Groenkloof is beslis die beste opsie - gaan more oggend daar ry.Sal sommer uitvind van die jaar kaartjie.

Het Groenkloof gery Sondag - Awesome!!! Nuwe prys is R 28 en nie meer R 25, steeds die moeite werd. Die nuwe prys vir n jaar kaartjie is R 660 - nie meer R 600 - dit beteken as jy 23 keer vir die jaar gaan ry, is jou jaar kaartjie betaal.

Ek het Sondag op gelet daar is verskeie singletracks, ek het vir die keer elke keer die linker opsie geneem, ken iemand die park goed genoeg om bietjie meer inligting te verskaf oor die verskillende opsies?

In the beginning left is best until you hit the fence at the R21 from there on the right section is the better but tougher option. After the 4x4 section keep left and you will get to a fence line next to the residential area with a stiff climb, beware if you turn right before the houses as you will have a very technical climb. It is extremely steep and rough but doable, the fence line option is easier but you need to turn right before the crest onto a jeep track which leads to a left turn into some awesome single track. At the end of the single track (2 sections) you come to the west fence line where you can either stick next to the tar road or turn right and take on the infamous onion hill before returning to the start. Enjoy!

In the beginning left is best until you hit the fence at the R21 from there on the right section is the better but tougher option. After the 4x4 section keep left and you will get to a fence line next to the residential area with a stiff climb, beware if you turn right before the houses as you will have a very technical climb. It is extremely steep and rough but doable, the fence line option is easier but you need to turn right before the crest onto a jeep track which leads to a left turn into some awesome single track. At the end of the single track (2 sections) you come to the west fence line where you can either stick next to the tar road or turn right and take on the infamous onion hill before returning to the start. Enjoy!

Thanks - looks like I will ahve to ride it a couple of times, experimenting with different routes! looks like it is worth getting a season ticket as one will not get bored to quickly!

If you can manage a ride there every 2nd week the season ticket works out. But think about riding Voortrekker monument as an alternative, it's great if you want some hill training.

Groenkloof is worth exploring though and if you add Fountains to it this could easily add another 8km to your fun.

Usually what I do is I cyccle from home - 8.6km and then do Groenkloof and cycle back home.30-32km, nice Saturday morning!