Morewood Sukuma bike build

Unclerico

Nope Germany, a South African caught on this cold continent....

Where in DE are you?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in DE are you?

Good question... where are you going to ride a 150mm travel monster in DE?

:ph34r: I'll moer you, the SB-66 without any question. I ripped off the XX junk and replaced it with XT, now it's even better that it ever was.

20mm front axle, 142 real axle, KASHIMA 36mm Fox Factory Forks and KASHIMA RP23 XV Boost, Full XT Group, Haven Wheels & Finishing Kit, Reverb-II Post....

Cant compare that to any piece of 29er junk, not even the BigTop (which i love by the way, it makes me smile, but feel gay at the same time).

Lol, just checked the pics of the SB66 build again and damn it's a hot bike ffs really nice.

Good question... where are you going to ride a 150mm travel monster in DE?

Just off the top of my head, all within a 2-3 hours of Munich: Leogang, Wagrain, Innsbruck Nordkette, Hopfgarten, Bischofsmais, Spicak, Samerberg, Lenggries...

Just off the top of my head, all within a 2-3 hours of Munich: Leogang, Wagrain, Innsbruck Nordkette, Hopfgarten, Bischofsmais, Spicak, Samerberg, Lenggries...

That's a long way to go... it takes me 20min to get to thaba or rietvlei.

In 4 hours i can get to mankele!!!

Tough life, I know... :devil:

Edited by TheV

Off the top of your head or copied from mr.Google

Well Bikeshops don't pay that well, but 9months overtime is about one Jabula.

Live south of Frankfurt, there are some nice regions to play around with a 170mm beast...

But the masterplan is actually to spend November till March in South Africa, unfortunately Joburg.

Live south of Frankfurt, there are some nice regions to play around with a 170mm beast...

But the masterplan is actually to spend November till March in South Africa, fortunately Joburg.

Fixed it. Plenty off riding opportunity here.

Off the top of your head or copied from mr.Google

I've actually been too all of them except Hopfgarten, which looks like it'll happen this weekend if the weather plays along.

But the masterplan is actually to spend November till March in South Africa, unfortunately Joburg.

That's a bit far away, but if you're ever in Munich, lemme know. We can meet up for a ride or a beer or both.

I lived in Joburg 2 years ago, went riding with the JMBC guys a few times. But then I had no car and stayed in Auckland PArk so I went riding in Rietvlei if I could get my uncles car or just did my rounds to Zoo Lake, Northcliff and so on.

Off course, as soon as I am in Munich we can go for a ride. But first I need my Jabula, My CUBE Reaction GTC is no fun....

I've actually been too all of them except Hopfgarten, which looks like it'll happen this weekend if the weather plays along.

Cool stuff

That's a long way to go... it takes me 20min to get to thaba or rietvlei.

In 4 hours i can get to mankele!!!

Tough life, I know... :devil:

*facepalm*

oh no you didn't!

...you did not just try compare european bike parks to Rietvlei and Thaba *smh*

and sure, Senor Hog has to travel 2-3hrs, but he does that by simply hopping on a train. No traffic. No having to "carpool" to make the trip worthwhile.

I think the only advantage we have here in JHB over Germany in terms of AM riding is a winter that doesn't snow.

*facepalm*

oh no you didn't!

...you did not just try compare european bike parks to Rietvlei and Thaba *smh*

and sure, Senor Hog has to travel 2-3hrs, but he does that by simply hopping on a train. No traffic. No having to "carpool" to make the trip worthwhile.

I think the only advantage we have here in JHB over Germany in terms of AM riding is a winter that doesn't snow.

Okay, okay, you are probably right...

However, I can still ride my bike - almost any day of the week!

Okay, okay, you are probably right...

However, I can still ride my bike - almost any day of the week!

hahaha!

but yes, you get points for that! Poor Hog gets quite grumpy in the winter. All he wants to do is go for a ride.

What is quite amazing though is how the european riders as a whole (in gravity disciplines specifically) are far more skilled than we are... and they only get half a year to ride.

Just look at some of the DH WC's held in Italy etc. There are "no name" privateers getting podiums.

I guess it's the quality of the riding there that trumps our quantity all-year-round riding. That and the fact that they probably snowboard/ski during winter which must add some benefit to biking skills.

Yeah, because we were told(forced) to play cricket and rugby at school?

Skateboard and rollerblading was for the "moffies...."

Edited by TheV