Changing from normal to Compact Crank

Cycle Fan

Stupid question I'm sure, but if I want to go from a standard crank (53/39) to a compact crank, what do I need to change besides the crank?

I'm currently running a 53/39 with an 11-26 cassette. Would I need to change the cassette and R-DR as well?

Thanks for the advice

You may have to shorten your chain, but that's about it. You may also have to move the FDR a bit down.

Stupid question I'm sure, but if I want to go from a standard crank (53/39) to a compact crank, what do I need to change besides the crank?

I'm currently running a 53/39 with an 11-26 cassette. Would I need to change the cassette and R-DR as well?

Thanks for the advice

You need to take one complete link out of the chain, lower the front derailleur and adjust the cable tension.

Removing the link is optional providing that you dont use small/small

Regards

Don't know what gruppo you are using, but Campy has launched a 52/36 crank. I have a 36 inner chainring with 11-25 cassette

Don't know what gruppo you are using, but Campy has launched a 52/36 crank. I have a 36 inner chainring with 11-25 cassette

That solves most problems. :clap:

Thanks for all the replies. So it's just the crank then - that's great!

Have a SRAM Rival groupset.

I also switched to compact... My Ratio: 50x34 and 28x11...

Yeah baby! Come on Boulders and Hilltop!

I also switched to compact... My Ratio: 50x34 and 28x11...

Yeah baby! Come on Boulders and Hilltop!

did you need to change your rear derailleur? How much of a difference would the 26t - 28t make or is it more in the compact crank?