Club100 Cape Town Winter Time Trial Series 2012

nuge

Yep, weather was perfect, we had two sub 10 min times - winning time was 9m40s and myself at 9m56s.

Edited by nuge

Plenty rain forcasted for this Sunday, is the event going ahead or will it be cancelled or postponed? Thanks.

If the weather on the day is likely to adversely affect rider safety, then the event will simply be cancelled, not postponed.

If anyone is unsure whether an event is on or not, you may call the Club100 secretary on the morning, his details should be on the website www.club100ct.co.za.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, last event is this Sunday - Hill Climb TT up Red Hill - this will be pretty much the same route as the hill climb event planned for the Spring League in October.

We'll be starting at 8am opposite the Simonstown train station (Main Rd), riding on the flat for the first few hundred metres and then turn up Red Hill to the finish just before the view point (note: finish is not the actual top of the climb near Just Nuisance's grave - this is for rider safety - i.e. so that no one is turning around in the road on a blind rise). The route is about 4.2 km in total - not sure of the total elevation, but must be somewhere near 200m.

Club100 members are to be in club kit. Visitors are welcome and will just need to pay the R50 "day membership".

As per the other events, there'll be some great prizes up for grabs (gift vouchers, sunglasses, etc. from our various sponsors).

See you all there, cheers.