Cycling to work - Old Mutual (Pinelands)

Solvit

Hi guys, I live in Durbanville (Pinehurst) and would like to *attempt* to cycle to work (Mutual Park, in Pinelands) during the coming warmer months. Anyone else out my way Durbanville Surrounds (AKA Cycling Mekka) that's currently doing this (or has in the past) ?

Would like to know:

-best routes

-where to bike park (safety?)

-shower (I suppose I will need to join the gym for this)

-etc.

Thanks in advance!

What floor you on?

I cycle to work. Join the gym and shower there plus safe storage right outside.

Don't bring an expensive bike as I would want that in my office but they very strict here.

What floor you on?

I cycle to work. Join the gym and shower there plus safe storage right outside.

Don't bring an expensive bike as I would want that in my office but they very strict here.

it's a 26er, but it's a scalpel. mmm :)

• 3 months later...

You park outside the hot dog stand. Nice bike!!!

Thanks to the complete cyclist guy that made me gun it to work today as I didn't want you overtaking me.

Wasn't ideal as I cycled 50km's before work but you also looked like you had just come from a ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Well if he can get onto the cycle lane from durbanville he can go to century city via the cycle lanes, cross the bridge (over N1) cycle down 13th avenue (kensington) go over voortrekker road and go through the grave yard, over the pedestrian bridge that goes over the rail way lines and he is then at OM.

Not sure how to get to century city from durbanville though as I know the cycle lanes follow the coast...

Edited by Let's Ride

come down Frans Conradie past N1 City, and then take a left at the robot just before the N7/Vanguard Drv. Come right down this road till voortrekker and then come via Thornton to MutualPark