O'Symetric Road Chain Ring Set

Work iT

Any advice on these rings? Any particular hubber using these currently or intending on trying it?

Whats the advantages/ disadvantages?

Would like to hear opinions.

Thanks

post-10794-0-05857500-1343138110.jpg

Will lets others post but it's easier to keep power going up a hill than on a straight ...

So you always peddling slightly uphill.

Eliminates the dead spot in pedalling stroke. I see that other guy that won this big cycle race called Tour de France uses it even on TT machine. He is part of this pro team called Sky or something like that. His team mate came second also uses it and the whole team. The team nogal came second in that race's team competition. Figure it works for them. Oh ja, theres another company called Rotor that also does those rings. Dont know who copied from who. Its not the same concept though like those silly Bio- pace rings from Shimano in the late 80's

If you switched to one what other changes/adjustments would you need to make to derailleurs etc?

Anybody seen how the Sky chain(s) - think it was on Wiggo's bike - jumped around with these rings(or is it ovals?)

Only a matter of time before the fad catches on and all new bikes will have them standard.

Almost like the 29er fad in RSA

Edited by Cavendish

How do the o'symetric rings differ from the biopace rings? I've got biopace rings on my road bike, never noticed any advantage, or any difference for that matter. Then again, its the only road bike I've ridden so not much to compare to.

Wiggins would've kicked ass on a pony this tdf.

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2012/7/18/181735/fixed/0-0-1600-1200/400/v1/bradley-wiggins-canvas-size-1-942x707.jpg