How to climb hills like a pro

patches

But enough about clown bikes...

Back to hill climbing...

Here's a pic going up the Zore lift. That little town you see way down theeeeeerrre is roughly on the same altitude that we started our climb from

http://img.tapatalk.com/5a0995f5-86e1-1b98.jpg

It took is less than 10m to get from the bottom of this mountain to the top. In fact it's so high and such a rapid ascent your ears pop twice.

Lifts definitely are the way to go up big hills :lol:

Edited by patches

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

But enough about clown bikes...

Back to hill climbing...

Here's a pic going up the Zore lift. That little town you see way down theeeeeerrre is roughly on the same altitude that we started our climb from

It took is less than 10m to get from the bottom of this mountain to the top. In fact it's so high and such a rapid ascent your ears pop twice.

Lifts definitely are the way to go up big hills :lol:

How's the track under the Super Morzine lift? Steeeeep. Jees I need to go back there.

Edited by Omega Man

How's the track under the Super Morzine lift? Steeeeep. Jees I need to go back there.

Yeah! Did it yesterday... Super Morzine black. Steep, muddy, roosty... bumpy! Easy way to land yourself in Thonon Hospital!

Guest Omega Man

Yeah! Did it yesterday... Super Morzine black. Steep, muddy, roosty... bumpy! Easy way to land yourself in Thonon Hospital!

Yeah. Last year it was an illegal track. sketchy a ****.

So when are we going next year?

How is Nantegue?

How are the hands?

Ok so be honest. Out of 10. how does it rate? 65?

Edited by Omega Man

Yeah. Last year it was an illegal track. sketchy a ****.

So when are we going next year?

How is Nantegue?

Ok so be honest. Out of 10. how does it rate? 65?

haha! yeah... gonna start saving now for next year! It's amazing here!

65 out of 10... no ways! higher! haha!

Nantegue is great! Great food! 3 course dinner every night. Breakfast with fruit, fress croissants, yoghurt, cereal, and the whole bacon, eggs, toast thing if you want.

the guys that run it (Brits) are friendly. Rooms are simple 2 bedroom with bathroom (toilet, basin, shower), but when you don't need to cook you don't need much else!

Bike room is also cool, they have stands for and work you need to do on the bike. Breassure washer for getting the mud off. And a gear room for hanging up dirty muddy shoes, gloves, body armour etc.

Definitely where we'll be staying next time!

Oh and staying at Nantegue also gives you 15% discount on any purchases at one of the bike shops.

Jislaaik! I have mixed emotions... I feel a bit jealous but happy for you dude. all this whilst I am selling my Free ride currently... :eek: to get race wheels for my road bike. I am a sod :wacko: !!!

Guest Omega Man

and 650b !!!

Please don't soil this thread with terms like 650b and 29er. There are none in the alps cos the alps are mountains. Not district roads or fake fields in Essex.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Nantegue is great! Great food! 3 course dinner every night. Breakfast with fruit, fress croissants, yoghurt, cereal, and the whole bacon, eggs, toast thing if you want.

the guys that run it (Brits) are friendly. Rooms are simple 2 bedroom with bathroom (toilet, basin, shower), but when you don't need to cook you don't need much else!

Bike room is also cool, they have stands for and work you need to do on the bike. Breassure washer for getting the mud off. And a gear room for hanging up dirty muddy shoes, gloves, body armour etc.

Definitely where we'll be staying next time!

Oh and staying at Nantegue also gives you 15% discount on any purchases at one of the bike shops.

Sweet. SOLD!

Oh. 1 thing. Did you have to pay a deposit?

Edited by Omega Man

Sweet. SOLD!

Oh. 1 thing. Did you have to pay a deposit?

Yeah, we paid all up front, including ski passes (13day) which we got 50% discount on.

The only thing we'll have to settle when we leave is our tab (bar and laundry).

Guest Omega Man

Patch how about some pics of the actual routes you're riding? or is that too much to ask.

Look at the pics I posted in the other thread. If I can judge by my experience they will be riding as much stuff as possible in the first week and then stopping on the trails to take pics when they start repeating stuff. The riding is so frikkin incredible there that in the first few days all you want to do is ride.

Edited by Omega Man

Look at the pics I posted in the other thread. If I can judge by my experience they will be riding as much stuff as possible in the first week and then stopping on the trails to take pics when they start repeating stuff. The riding is so frikkin incredible there that in the first few days all you want to do is ride.

Thanx :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: looks awesome. Really considering the whole downhill thing. Looks so awesome

That is so cool, Lol and here i was expecting a guide on climbing hills.

Hope you have fun! Looks like a blast!