Wheel sets, Brands

awesme

Had the old ZTR Olympic rims with DT rev spokes, red alu nipples and Tune hubs, they were bullet proof.

Guys

Are the ZTR Crests that good, allot of bikes, including even the Momsen adds in both Ride and Tread are fitted with them, though 29er's and I'm looking at putting together a 27.5 FS

Will either do the buycycle special thing or might go custom build.

So Stans ZTR Crest rims,

Hope hub

Pillar spokes

All as per buycycle special atm,

what would you change, why and with what?

I weight 68kg

G

American Classic make a 650b wheel set. They are light and strong. Maybe about R5k to R6k.

Guys

Are the ZTR Crests that good, allot of bikes, including even the Momsen adds in both Ride and Tread are fitted with them, though 29er's and I'm looking at putting together a 27.5 FS

Will either do the buycycle special thing or might go custom build.

So Stans ZTR Crest rims,

Hope hub

Pillar spokes

All as per buycycle special atm,

what would you change, why and with what?

I weight 68kg

G

Why go with such a light set of rims?

I went through the same debate as you recently, and decided to have a wheelset made up around Hope Hubs - much better quality than the factory wheelset hubs, and easier to service - and Mavic EX 721 rims. The Mavic's are much tougher than the Crests, can take wider tyres more easily, and will withstand much more of a battering.

I am also 68kgs

Didn't know the made anything else except Easton Haven....

You forget to ask about colour scheme, its been said that black rims are for poor peoples....

Was looking at the Haven's the other day but having the lefty complicates things.