Cleat coming loose during ride

lerouc

Hi

I have a pair of Lake MX330 shoes and CrankBrothers candy pedals.

The pedals i bought second hand off the hub but I bought new cleats less than a year ago. I have not been riding much since January but started again about 5 weeks ago.

Everything was fine until two weekends ago. My right foot didn't want to get out of my pedal (fell once or twice) and I thought there was something wrong with my pedal. Upon inspection after washing all the mud away i noticed the cleat under the shoe come loose. I tightened the bolts again and didn't think of it again.

Went for another ride on Saturday and let’s say an hour into the ride the same story. I stopped and fastened it again and off I went. After the ride I checked and it was coming loose again.

Is there something wrong or is all I need a bit of LockTIght?

Thanks,

Cobus

I had the same problem with SPD cleats on Sidi Dragons. I used a drop of blue Loctite on each bolt - problem solved.

If you cant get Loctite try some Super Contact from Gemkem or Bostik. Your threads in shoes might also be stripped.

• 4 weeks later...

q20 in the hole and on the screw and tighten. Seems to work.

I did this and have been riding without issue since! Thanks for the advice!