New 3 x 10 Grip Shift with bar ends?

River Rat

I've just installed the new 3 x 10 grip shifts and I must say this is a very smooth system.

The question I have is whether it is possible to add bar ends to this system, has anyone done this?

Yes. Ergon makes gripshift specific grips. Got mine from CRC.

Thanks I take a look on the website. It seems almost a sin to cut the grip though.

How do these integrate with the gripshift? There seems to be "toothed" fitting on the gripshift or do you just ignore these when fitting the grips and bar ends?

How do these integrate with the gripshift? There seems to be "toothed" fitting on the gripshift or do you just ignore these when fitting the grips and bar ends?

Yes you just ignore the teeth. The teeth are actually on the grip and not on the shifter.

Yes you just ignore the teeth. The teeth are actually on the grip and not on the shifter.

I thought so, thanks for confirming it.

the box should have 2 small plastic closer pieces which fit into the slots on the end of each shifter, where the toothed grips that are supplied in the set go. this allows you to use any other rubber/lockon grips with your gripshifts.

I also find the supplied grips are a little thin for my XXL hands, so a fatter grip will be more comfortable.

the box should have 2 small plastic closer pieces which fit into the slots on the end of each shifter, where the toothed grips that are supplied in the set go. this allows you to use any other rubber/lockon grips with your gripshifts.

I also find the supplied grips are a little thin for my XXL hands, so a fatter grip will be more comfortable.

Now I know what those extra bits are for :thumbup: Thanks.