are expensive parts making us soft

Stretch

Sometimes it doesn't matter how good a "mud tyre" you have…that stuff just sticks and sticks.

then you need to go faster ;)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly..... i rode in scotland and the mud is different, its always raining, so it seems the mud got washed away millions of years ago!!

its like you are riding on wet rotting vegetation and pea stones there. Infact the water on the ground is always clean,,,, you just use real wet lube and your bike is no worse off.. The pic of the PYGA is a F$^& up in my book...

agreed. No race is worth the damage that will cause to the drivetrain.

But the mud out East just sticks even faster…

you sure it's mud?

sounds more like poop to me... and you did say it was in the East

you sure it's mud?

sounds more like poop to me... and you did say it was in the East

Bet you wouldn't say that to an East Rander's face…

But you should see what that chalky stuff turns to when it rains… :eek:

Sometimes it doesn't matter how good a "mud tyre" you have…that stuff just sticks and sticks.

agreed - that is that very loamy/fine sand you find in a a belt roughly at the 50km mark. Anyone familiar with the eston race will know it well. As soon as you throw water in the mix it makes a real thick paste. Cant remember the exact soils formation but it has a very thick A horizon. As for the pmb side - well thats largely huttons - which are responsible for that deep red clay you find

You can only carry your bike because you haven't ridden up any real mountains... :)

I ride mostly at groenkloof ,klapperkop and voortrekker monument .These places are for hard men and woman only .You had to be a voortrekker decendant to survive here.You dont have rocks in KZN ,only sugarcane sand and mambas .As for the WP .they cruise amongst the wine farms .looking at the pretty flowers .Then they drink tea and scones and talk about it all day !

You dont have rocks in KZN ,only sugarcane sand and mambas

what! you need to come ride with me china - ill show your rocks that will make your rocks up north look like little round pebbles

what! you need to come ride with me china - ill show your rocks that will make your rocks up north look like little round pebbles

What was that? :P :lol:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/260097_120527904760927_1223106936_n.jpg

We have billion year old rocks with dinasoar teeth sticking out of them They cut you and your bike long before the mud gets to you

Anybody willing to post the costs incurred on the weekends Hill2Hill??

Be brave....

Travel - 2200 - split 2 ways

Hotel and entries - 1900odd

Food and drink - 600odd

Super domestique for support - 800odd (my share)

2 sets of pads - for sure

new chain - probably

Possibly new cluster

Clean and service R1400 odd, might need a few additional pieces depending on whats what.

There you go...

What was that? :P :lol:

well for starters...those are a bunch of downhillers....and that looks lank easy to ride!

i think we need to get Mr Nigel hicks to post some rocky downhill sections from KZN......

now lets some mtb routes with rocks like that