Making a Road Bike

gpcar

Hi

i am wanting to build my own road bike and i would like to know what parts will you need ? (everything)

thanks

Have a look at some bike sites and check the listed parts.....

To mention the main ones:

Frame and fork

Crank

Pedals

Bottom bracket

Rear derailleur and hanger

Front derailleur

Front and back brakes

Headset and spacers

Stem

Handlebars and tape

Brake lever/Shifters and hood

Brake cables

Gear cables

Wheelset (hubs, spokes, rims, tyres, tubes, skewers)

Casette

Chain

Bottle cages

Don't forget the tools, like for the crank and chain whip or equivalent.

Edited by Ibicam

Realised on my way home that you might want something to sit on, so factor in a seat post and saddle.

And some grease.

Probably would be more cost effective to buy a complete group set and not individual components, unless you intend sourcing second hand from fellow hubbers.

Edited by Ibicam

For a first build keep three main components along with prices in mind. Buy a complete groupset, frameset and wheels. Then complete it with handlebar/stem/pedals/saddle etc

And just make sure the parts are all compatible with one another if you're buying them individually...

For a first build keep three main components along with prices in mind. Buy a complete groupset, frameset and wheels. Then complete it with handlebar/stem/pedals/saddle etc

Some good advice there.

Always good to make sure you think ahead about 9, 10 or maybe even 11 speed and making sure everything matches that, so casette, chain, derailleur and shifters.

For example, you don't want to buy 10 speed shifters and then be trying to make them work with a 9 speed derailleur. So full groupset takes care of that.