Fuji Newest 3.0 vs Merida Race Lite 900

Nic8711

Hi Guys, :clap:

I saw this Merida and fell in love.. :wub: Its a really great looking bike and i'm only looking for entry level as MTB is my main game !

I then came across the Fugi for R2000 less and after doing some research it seems spec for spec they are pretty much the same ??

I'm heading towards the Fuji, its a lot cheaper and its not bad looking at all. B)

Could anyone give some advice, maybe someone has either of these bike ?

Option 1 - 2012 Fuji Newest 3.0 - R4300 ;)

Option 2 - 2013 Merida Race Lite 900 - R6100 :rolleyes:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/523737_10151227837461322_433822199_n.jpg

Edited by Nic8711

only difference I can see is that the crank on the Merida is a double, vs triple on the Fuji, and the RD on the Merida is one up on the Fuji's. It's not enough of a difference to warrant the R 1,800 increase though.

As for the frame, I used to ride a Newest 2.0 and it is a very comfortable ride.

Agreed, Fuji is better value for money between these two.

For the price of the Merida you could get a Fuji Newest 1.0 which is 10 speed and has Tiagra components vs the Sora on the 3.0. Í am also only a closet roadie and have one, and so far it's served its purpose well.

If budget permits, I would suggest trying to get a 9 or 10 speed bike.