Why's my toes burning?

Bianchisti

My toes and just above the ball of mt left foot have this burning sensation. Almost like needles and pins It feels kinda numb. Only one foot. I haven't changed my shoes, cleat position or anything.

Any reason for this or anyone experienced it?

Not joking, but how long are your toenails? Have you been going through socks more than ever?

Sounds like shoes are too small.

EDIT: or what Octavian says - good advice.

Edited by Karma

Toe nails aren't unusually long. Been using the same shoe for more than a year. Was considering the nerve thanks. The heel of the foot feels kinda tender as well.

Edited by Bianchisti

Started feeling it after a ride last night and it persisted all day (formal shoes). Was on the bike 2 hours ago and it didn't feel particularly worse while training and neither did it bother me. It's only now that I'm relaxing that it feels pretty obvious. Doesn't impede motion in anyway but kinda annoying. Other foot also starting to feel a little tender. No other symptoms

I've been sedentary of late. A side effect has been a pain in the heel, feels like a bruise. This is supposesdly an indication of tight hamstrings and a knockon being nerves in the foot. My first port of call was to walk barefoot but ith other nerve issues I tried the five fingers which did help a bit. Getting back into Pilates helped a bit more. The hamstrings were also related to a tight lower back.

Not sure if this is similar to your problem.

Also known as 'hot feet' in cycling...

But this is just the toes.

Hmmm...

Edited by ' Dale

Have you ever had your bloodsugar tested, you may be diabetic

Keep a close eye on that as there is a history in the family. It's not that.

Could be so many things, but I would put my money on pinched nerve somewhere....

Now that the other foot is starting to feel similar I'm beginning to think not. First foot feels really bruised.

Now that the other foot is starting to feel similar I'm beginning to think not. First foot feels really bruised.

With MS pins and needles, as well as numbness is common in extremities, however it is an unlikely diagnosis without other symptoms. Hence why I asked if there are other symptoms... A nerve can be pinched/damaged much higher up in your body, hence both feet feeling weird.