Giant TCR Comp 3 - Torque Values

fanievb

Hi Guys/Girls

I recently started upgrading my toolbox as a result of the POOR (read: non-existent) service I get from the LB Shops around here.

All components have specific torque values; I am however concerned that applying those values to a carbon frame will cause some form of (expensive) damage.

Any advice or direction as to where I can obtain torque values for carbon frames?

Thx

F

p.s. it's my wife's bike and any damage to the bike will result in me being damaged.

seat post 6nm

stem and handlebars 5nm

crank 40nm

headset....barely tight.

Headsets don't get torqued. You turn the preload bolt until there is no play. This may be tight on some bikes and finger tight on others. The stem pinch bolts should be about 6NM.

I doubt his crank has to go to 40nm. I would assume it is a modern crank with the axle attached to one of the cranks. If it is a Shimano, 14NM on the two pinch bolts and hand tight on the preload cap. (vice versa actually, the preload cap first and then the pinch bolts.

We really need more information here. For instance, 4mm stem bar clamp bolts (if there are four of them) require about 4NM where as 6mm bolts can probably take 12, since there are only two of them.

It depends on the bolt size and materian it screws into. One would have to know whether the sealpost is carbon, the bar, etc etc etc.

I prefer to ignore questions with too little information. That way you harm no-one.

Hi Guys

Thanx for the replies.

The bike is still stock (except for the saddle), here's the specs (from giant's website)

Shifters Shimano 105

Front Derailleur Shimano Tiagra

Rear Derailleur Shimano 105

Brakes Tektro TK-R540 Giant Specific, Dual Pivot

Brake Levers Shimano Tiagra

Cassette Shimano Tiagra 12x28, 10-Speed

Chain Shimano Tiagra

Crankset FSA MegaExo Compact, 34/50

Handlebar Giant Connect, 31.8

Stem Giant Sport

Seatpost Giant Vector Composite

Frame Giant Composite Technology