Slow, Potentially Fun & Unfit - Breedts Nek - 27 October 2012

DR ◣◢

Staying put over the holidays. Work permitting I'll join where I can...

Yup...me to. So would also like to ride whenever I can.......all things permitting (read - work)

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another OFF TOPIC but thought it might be of interest! Group ride? Cradle Quest @ Van gaalens on 24th November. 35km. Let know who is going? I will see you there! smile.png

Year almost up and not many weekends left for group rides. I am here for December and would like to get some training in - if anyone wants to join PLEASE let me know.

Going to check me diary quick...............................

Not sure about Dec yet. Taking a MTB holiday up in Nelspruit for a couple of days. I think my parents are in JHB this year.

Will get some good riding done.

Mmm, really enjoyed the ride yesterday! I will hopefully have increased the lung capacity by the time we do Breed's.

DAM, I agree, would give my left nut to do that garden route ride. I have done some parts around there.

Is there ANYWHERE one can ride where there are NO hills??whistling.gif .... just wonderfully flat fast, pedal forever , never get tired, go till you drop tracks? I wouldnt mind a flat easy route. Just once. Just ssaying.huh.png

Foot slipping off the pedal as I mounted, hitting the bearings all the way up my neck into my throat!!!

Took me a good couple of rubs to get them back down wif all the ladies watching.wacko.png blush.png

At the time I was like little Johnny when he went for a piddle and the toilet seat banged down on the thingy. He ran out crying, straight to his Mom who said, don't worry we just a plaster on and it will be better. He went, no, kiss,kiss!! His Mom were like, don't start your Dad's sh** now!!

I didn't get any takers though....blush.png whistling.gif clap.gif

Is there ANYWHERE one can ride where there are NO hills??whistling.gif .... just wonderfully flat fast, pedal forever , never get tired, go till you drop tracks? I wouldnt mind a flat easy route. Just once. Just ssaying.huh.png

I don't know where you are in Pta, but you will always find a nice flat route somewhere. My morning run is pretty flat, that is why I manage around 25km/h avg although I only just started zikkeling again.

Foot slipping off the pedal as I mounted, hitting the bearings all the way up my neck into my throat!!!

Took me a good couple of rubs to get them back down wif all the ladies watching.wacko.png blush.png

At the time I was like little Johnny when he went for a piddle and the toilet seat banged down on the thingy. He ran out crying, straight to his Mom who said, don't worry we just a plaster on and it will be better. He went, no, kiss,kiss!! His Mom were like, don't start your Dad's sh** now!!

I didn't get any takers though....blush.png whistling.gif clap.gif

w00t.gif clap.gif Briliant! Not laughing at you... but with you (I hope you are laughing).... eish... my mind thinks in cartoon at times.. and its thinking in cartoon at this very minute. hehehhehehe!!!

I don't know where you are in Pta, but you will always find a nice flat route somewhere. My morning run is pretty flat, that is why I manage around 25km/h avg although I only just started zikkeling again.

I know.... PTE east is relatively flat - must say... the downhill reward is worth the blood, sweat and tears!! :)

Another OFF TOPIC but thought it might be of interest! Group ride? Cradle Quest @ Van gaalens on 24th November. 35km. Let know who is going? I will see you there! smile.png

Year almost up and not many weekends left for group rides. I am here for December and would like to get some training in - if anyone wants to join PLEASE let me know.

Im doing Rietvlei 24hr 24th Nov so wont make Cradle Quest.... December.... staying in JHB working right through thumbdown.gif so prob see you around for some riding thumbup1.gif

I hope its fixed - dropped it off on sat after the ride. Was jamming because it was clogged up? I hope its ok tomorrow - not been on it to test!!