Slow, Fun & Unfit - 21 October 2012

DR ◣◢

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to join, but have to go have a meeting with my troops in the morning. Keep missing these rides

Would love to join, but have to go have a meeting with my troops in the morning. Keep missing these rides

Then make a plan and join a ride. We had an awesome ride today there is another awesome ride tomorrow but as you said you have to rally the troops. Then next weekend we are doing breedtsnek. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill confirm at 5:00 if the ride goes ahead. No point going out there to sit in the car hoping it clears.

I got the 5h00 ride cancellation. Sorry not to get out there. It is "clear" this side but the wind is howling. May just hop onto The Spruit for an hour or so.

I am currently sitting at the nikita motel out at hearties waiting for locksmith to arrive and the weather here at the moment is beautiful. It started off cloudy but the cloud then moved off but I see a fresh bank of cloud coming in as well as there is a bit of a chill wind blowing

I am currently sitting at the nikita motel out at hearties waiting for locksmith to arrive and the weather here at the moment is beautiful. It started off cloudy but the cloud then moved off but I see a fresh bank of cloud coming in as well as there is a bit of a chill wind blowing

???? Lose your keys?

AGgghhh..................that must suck man!!! Hopefully all sorted out now and not too expensive a lesson.......

SIR M and myself met later in the day (once the gale died down) for a catch up and a Spruit ride. It wasn't so much slow, fun and unfit... More like fast, fun and wheezing on single speeds. :thumbup:

Really surprised myself that I haven't lost too much fitness with the flu.

Wasn't the hardest ride but the non-stop nature is what got me :D Im hurting a bit.

That and doing every bit of tech we could find didn't help either and flying of the drop at the canoe club on a rigid is not the easiest thing to do :D

My wrist is still stiff from that ride. Even yesterday's base ride it hurt the whole way. It needs to get used to riding again.

Don't lie. You loved the drop off. :P

Loved it indeed. By the time I saw the gap you also need to clear it was too late. Just hop, drop and absorb. Thank goodness I spent a life behind bars on a trials bike!

Loved it indeed. By the time I saw the gap you also need to clear it was too late. Just hop, drop and absorb. Thank goodness I spent a life behind bars on a trials bike!

I did inform you it was coming, so not entirely unexpected.