Mobii Motion M01-1

Trawsaj

Hi guys

Thought I'd do a little write-up about my latest acquisition, the Mobii Motion M01-1 GPS sports training computer.

post-37679-0-41285000-1350898773_thumb.jpg

Top row: USB cable, car & wall charger, normal earphones, waterproof earphones (optional)

Middle row: ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor (optional), arm strap, belt & shirt clips, extra velcro straps

Bottom row: Black/White silicone pouches, M01-1 unit, cloth pouch.

Not pictured: Bike mounting bracket (already fitted)

The Motion package sells for R2995 directly from the Mobii website. Heart Rate Monitor was an extra R495.

What I like so far:

• Everything seems to have a really good build quality. From the actual unit to the arm strap and heart-rate monitor. All very solid.
  • The Motion unit is very light & small. Fits easily on my arm when jogging and on the included bike mount.
  • Everything was setup when I received the unit. Cycling was the default sport and my profile already had all my measurements configured. HRM was also already paired to the device.
  • Colour touch screen is very clear & responsive.
  • Configurable data views. While I'm riding I can monitor exactly what I want to see.
  • GPS lock obtained quickly. No hassles so far.
  • Ability to export to .gpx (so can upload to strava)
  • Included software has a very user friendly interface. No need to read a manual first.
  • Can also load some mp3's onto the device and listen to music while I'm on the treadmill in the gym.

Still have to play around with the Audio Feedback and Action Triggers features, but highly impressed (and satisfied) so far.