Inov-8

Milkworx

Time to revive ye old Fred.

So my current shoes will need to be phased out in about a months time. So I've been looking around for some shoes - Inov-8's Trailroc 255 and the X-Talon 212 being two of the options. I did a lot of reading and they seemed to be just what I need...

But after asking around, apparently both of these shoes are discontinued in SA  :thumbdown:  So what now? Anyone bought Inov-8's lately?

I buy directly from their SA store, you can often get a damn good deal from end of season shoes. I picked up a pair for myself and my girl for around R450 each last time (fortunately she's a size 5 so there are often deals on her sizes). I used to run exclusively with Nikes but I like the feel of the Inov-8s and they hold up well. Over 700km on the current pair and not feeling the degrading cushioning that I used to get with the old Just Do Its. They're not the most aesthetic shoes, a lot of my friends prefer Nikes and Asics for the looks but they feel great and their whole progression towards minimalism is pretty handy if that's what you're after. Personally I'm happy with the 6mm h2t drop and don't feel any need to reduce further.

Edited by Radman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that website. Other online retailers also still sell the apparently discontinued Trailrocs at a good price.

Now I find myself torn between the more minimalist Trailroc 255 and the semi-minimalist Salomon Fellraiser (both 6mm h2t).  :wacko: