Blockwatch - Any comments?

Sepia

Special Announcement!

Connect your cellphone to community support.

How to connect your cellphone:

Already an eblockwatch member? Click on thisspecial link & login, this will convert your membership to a Stroppie Knoppie.

New member? DIAL *120*2041# to register. PutStroppie as your connector code.

Forward this email to friends and family so they can get the support of a Stroppie Knoppie!

Connect your panic button to teams like these

25 October 2012

To Whom It May Concern

Dear Sir

E Block Watch Panic Button

When our daughter Leigh was kidnapped, we believe we may have had a different outcome if she had access to the panic button concept made available by E Block Watch. As a family we can only speculate what a different outcome might have been. We do however believe that this is a real opportunity for fellow South Africans to take their personal security to another level.

The significant advances that have been made to date in cellphone tracking are in our opinion one of the biggest opportunities to fight crime in South Africa. The problem however is the misunderstanding around how one goes about getting this information that could be lifesaving. Unless prior consent has been given to track a cellphone number, the process could be long and drawn out and if time is a critical factor, the initiatives may be thwarted.

As far as the proposal by E Block Watch to assist in combating ATM hijacking robberies, the initiative deserves all the support it can muster. Using technology, social media and the community, they will make a difference.

We wish Andre and the E Block Watch team strength in this crime fighting initiative

Rob Matthews

MCom (Wits) CA (SA) H Dip Cyber Law (UJ)

Kind Regards

The eblockwatch team

Join us on Facebook

Email Webmaster

Edited by Sepia