Slow & Funfit - Fountains/Groenkloof - 10 Nov

DR ◣◢

Managed to change the plans around for the 10th. Will be there.

Not a stupid question at all. We group together before the start so just look out for the group and ask if it's the hub ride.

Otherwise I'll PM you my number and you can call on the day to see where we are. I drive a silver Honda Civic so look out for that.

THanks much!

So no other rules apart from rests (welcomed) and no lycra? :P

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THanks much!

So no other rules apart from rests (welcomed) and no lycra? :P

Lycra fits nicely under baggies. I've seen too many male butts poking through torn or thinning lycra which has resulted in me starting to go blind.

:P

Only rule is nobody gets left behind.

Only other rule is that everybody has a good time.

Fun and or difficult sections will be ridden a few times: demonstrating, explaining and assisting with skillzors.

Lycra fits nicely under baggies. I've seen too many male butts poking through torn or thinning lycra which has resulted in me starting to go blind.

tongue.png

Great! Also, I can't speak the english tale when I'm sober- so i'll be bringing beers...

Great! Also, I can't speak the english tale when I'm sober- so i'll be bringing beers...

Eish. Not sure now whether to bring the SS instead???

At the moment EVERYTHING is dependent on the weather for the weekend of the 10th. Gah this weather is driving me nutty

post-36029-0-76691700-1351761337_thumb.jpeg

Edited by DeltaAlphaMike

Sir M - we will need to confirm meeting place - are we parking at FOuntains itself (where the XCO guys park or on Groenkloof side? Two different parking spots. And if there are beers (I am sure I read somewhere there will bewhistling.gif ) are we going to try get someone to bring a skottel and boerie stuff??(we can work out how many roughly closer to time and maybe all chip in.??? We are a hungry bunch and need to eat something after our hard session!!drool.gif I cant seem to remember if they sell food there or not!

At the moment EVERYTHING is dependent on the weather for the weekend of the 10th. Gah this weather is driving me nutty

post-36029-0-76691700-1351761337_thumb.jpeg

OMW - Fountains and MUD..... !!!!! THats going to up the bar a bit if its wet!! I might just watch then!!!eek.gif

Sir M - we will need to confirm meeting place - are we parking at FOuntains itself (where the XCO guys park or on Groenkloof side? Two different parking spots. And if there are beers (I am sure I read somewhere there will bewhistling.gif ) are we going to try get someone to bring a skottel and boerie stuff??(we can work out how many roughly closer to time and maybe all chip in.??? We are a hungry bunch and need to eat something after our hard session!!drool.gif I cant seem to remember if they sell food there or not!

Definitely park at GK, then you can access both parks. If you park at Fountains you must pay again to enter GK. R25 extra = 3 beers thumbdown.gif

Guest Travis.

They will have boerierolls at GK, I normally get some there... But if we gonna hit a braai there, then we make a plan.

Bah! Just realized that I'll have to get to Linkin Park sometime that day. So, I doubt I'll be able to stay for a braai as well :(

Edited by Tevez

tongue.png

Bwaaa haaa haaa

OMW - Fountains and MUD..... !!!!! THats going to up the bar a bit if its wet!! I might just watch then!!!eek.gif

I was at Groenies on Sunday with the mud.... and I've got my hardpack tyres on still. It was really really slippery and dodgy (read dangerous) the first half. The southern end with all the climbing was fine though.

They will have boerierolls at GK, I normally get some there... But if we gonna hit a braai there, then we make a plan.

Bah! Just realized that I'll have to get to Linkin Park sometime that day. So, I doubt I'll be able to stay for a braai as well sad.png

Well if they sell then we can just buy - was not sure if they did or not hence suggesting a quick skottel!! More time to drink and kuier after!clap.gif Warm up for Linkin!!!!devil.gif

I was at Groenies on Sunday with the mud.... and I've got my hardpack tyres on still. It was really really slippery and dodgy (read dangerous) the first half. The southern end with all the climbing was fine though.

Well we can play it by ear - I was thinking of some of those sections when wet - eek.gif !! Always got Groenies to play in to if needs be!!

If you say it was dodge then I will need EXTRA LARGE big girl panties.....