Bike hire in London for a race

I have entered the RideLondon 100 mile race in August 2013 and rather than transporting my own bike across the ocean,does anyone possibly know of any good bike hire places in London! Clearly I don't want a "Barclays" commuter type bike but a decent road bike.

The race is on a lottery basis, so I only hear in February 2013 if I have a slot.

I would appreciate any advice/comments.

if you look on the internet there are quite a few places to hire but do make sure you go and collect yourself and in good time a fiend of mine ordered a proper mountain bike and when he got to the hotel it was some stupd three speed hybrid and rthe renatl shop closed for the weekend so his whole outing was spoiled

may be better to take your own bike when i went with Virgin they were fanstastic

I'm entered as well. Hoping to get into the Vet's League start bunch (based on cyclig club as well). I live local to London, in Kingston, so let me know if you get an entry and through my club mates and I, we could come up with some LBS's for you to contact for hiring.

what size are you, size bike do you ride?

What sort of bike would you want?

I have a Guerciotti steel frame and fork, medium (54), 105 components and Mavic Aksium race wheels, which I keep in London, with family.

Done the London to Beighton and a few other rides on her, so she's cool.

I'd be prepared for you to use it, provided we come up with some form of agreement.

Send me a pm if you'd like to discuss.

what size are you, size bike do you ride?

What sort of bike would you want?

I have a Guerciotti steel frame and fork, medium (54), 105 components and Mavic Aksium race wheels, which I keep in London, with family.

Done the London to Beighton and a few other rides on her, so she's cool.

I'd be prepared for you to use it, provided we come up with some form of agreement.

Send me a pm if you'd like to discuss.