Kid's bike brand suggestion

cadenceblur

Hi

In the market for a bike for my son. He's on the short side, so it will be a 16# .

Any suggestions on brands? I am currently looking at a Fusion and Axis. Not looking to break the bank, but also not going to purchase a bike from Game!

It just be used for knocking about and some gravel path riding.

I am based in Cape Town

GT makes some solid kids bikes, but they are a bit heavy. Specialized and Momsen also have nice ones that are fairly light, but a bit more expensive. Check out their websites.

How old is your son and his height?

he will be six, but he's quite short, not sure about height, maybe 1metre? A 16# bike fits with the seat all the way down

How old is your son and his height?

I bought a small 26" for my 11 yr old. A XS road bike a few months ago was too big for him. Best is get a 24". I bought him a Titan mtb with disc brakes. Had the bike now for a few months with no issues. Titan and Giant make kiddies 24" I had to buy 26" at his age because he would have outgrown a 24" in 6months.

16# seems a bit small. I bought a 20# Silverback Eclipse for my daughter when she turned six. It was a little big for her at the time, but she never battled with it. About to do the kiddies 94.7 in hers.

will take him into a shop to verify again, just that, with the seat at its lowest, his feet were just about flat on the ground.